Welcome Guest!
 GSN Expeditions
Apr 15, 04 - A typical day?  Global SchoolNet
 Apr 16, 2004 08:23 PDT

Apr 15, 04 - A typical day?

Another ten miles earned today. It was a beautiful day in the arfice.

I did encounter many areas of pack ice, with some good-sized pans, some
pressure ridges, and a few frozen leads. They didn't slow me down too
much.

Of course things just wouldn't be right without something breaking. My
pulling harness main buckle broke completely. So I tied the ends around
me in a knot, it worked for the day but I need a better solution.

Another new problem is I have a painful wound on my face. It's either a
moderate case of frostbite, or reaction to the medical tape I've been
wearing. It could be a combination of things. Either way, it's painful
and itchy.

At least it has been warmer, I typically ski in just my thermal top, no
sweater. I also shot some HD video of various polar landscapes.

Gone are the days all I can think about are food, sushi, a hot shower,
and so on.... Now, I'm consumed with getting to the pole!

This dispatch is dedicated to Ein Ganim Elementary School in Petach
Tikva, Israel. The kids have been very supportive of this expedition.

Time for sleep for me. Good night.

~Wave