Welcome Guest!
 GSN Expeditions
Apr 17, 04 - Working hard  Global SchoolNet
 Apr 19, 2004 10:43 PDT

Apr 17, 04 - Working hard

Short update today, as it's 2am and I'm very tired.

I started out the day with both of my eyes swollen, nearly shut. I'm
having some kind of reaction, but don't know what from.

I pulled the sledge for 15 hours today, barely making 12 miles. I walked
into a headwind the entire day and night, and of course it was robbing
me of mileage.

I had to swim twice today, and then went through some very rugged ice. I
worked hard, and will continue to work hard.

I'll have some news tomorrow about Borneo Ice Station. I got a text
message on my satellite phone and I'll find out when they are closing.
Which will equal how much time I have to try and reach the pole.

Stay tuned....

No dedication tonight, but tomorrow.
~Wave