Welcome Guest!
 GSN K-12 Opps
Very cool virtual travel opportunity for students!  Global SchoolNet Moderator
 May 09, 2006 17:17 PDT

IMPORTANT - To be considered, you must email your questions by May 12th
to Gr-@gsn.org

Dear Teachers:

Would your students like to have their travel questions answered on
public television???

One of the exciting online programs that Global SchoolNet offers at our
website is called “Online Expeditions.” Students can interact
“virtually” with real life explorers where ever they are in the world,
as they receive email reports, digital photos and video.
http://www.globalschoolnet.org/expeditions

Explorer, Jeffrey Lehmann, TV host of the award winning Weekend Explorer
show (and good friend of Global SchoolNet) is making a tv show about
Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada) region — and he wants questions
from your students!!

What do you already know about Vancouver?? More importantly, what would
you like to know??

All valid questions will be answered by Jeffrey and the BEST (and most
interesting) questions will appear on one of his upcoming TV shows!!
http://weekendexplorer.com

Jeffrey will accept any questions about the general Vancouver area,
however, questions having to do with the topics are highly below are
encouraged.

From Jeffrey - Topics of Interest in the Vancouver Area
There are resident pods of Orcas, often mistakenly referred to as Killer
Whales. We are going on a zodiac tour to try and find a pod. Any
Questions?

We also plan to go kayaking while in British Columbia. On this trip, we
expect to see eagles, sea lions, and possibly even bears (hungry from
their long winter's nap). Any Questions?

Vancouver Aquarium holds one of the world's most fascinating animals,
the Beluga Whale. We will be interviewing the caretakers here to learn
fascinating facts about this rarely seen animal. Any Questions?

We will be visiting a "First Nations" traditional totem pole carver.
"First Nations" is how Canadians refer to the pre-European peoples that
lived in Canada. In the U.S., we often refer to them as Indians or
Native Americans. Any Questions?

We also hope to go scuba diving in what is considered some of the best
cold water diving in the world. Any Questions?

We will be "ziptreking" and walking through the tree tops in the
temperate rain forests of this lush area. Any Questions?

IMPORTANT - To be considered, you must email your questions by May 12th
to Gr-@gsn.org

You must include the following information:

1. Your question
2. Name and age of person asking the question 3. Your school name 4.
Your location 5. Teacher name

Examples:
1. Is ziptreking through tree tops dangerous?
2. Wanda, 10 years old
3. Jefferson Elementary School
4. Oceanside, California, USA
5. Mrs. Jones

Examples:
1. Why are Orcas called killer whales? Who do they kill?
2. Xi, 10 years old
3. Li Ho Primary School
4. Taipei, Taiwan
5. Mr. Lee