Welcome Guest!
 Hardhats
Re: [Hardhats-members] Formation of VistA vendors list at Yahoogroups  K.S. Bhaskar
 Aug 08, 2004 15:38 PDT

Also, please publicize this as widely as possible for maximum exposure.
Remember we want all who may be interested to know about it.

-- Bhaskar

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 18:13, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
 On Tuesday, July 20, Oleen Healthcare in Silver Spring, MD, hosted a
meeting of a number of VistA related vendors (see organization list
below) and WorldVistA to discuss how WorldVistA and VistA vendors could
collaborate better, whether and how WorldVistA (a non-profit 501(c)(3)
corporation could accommodate vendor participation, etc.).

There has been discussion back and forth between WorldVistA, and vendor
representatives. My take on the current state of the discussion is that
the vendors will probably create a 501(c)(6) trade association that will
be independent of WorldVistA, but the two organizations can cooperate.

One of my action items from the meeting was to create a Yahoogroups list
for the vendors to carry out discussions, and I have created a group
called vista-vendors. So e-mail to vista-v-@yahoogroups.com will
go to all registered there, and will be archived for the future.

Eventually, as a vendor organization emerges, it will have its own
mailing list, document repository, etc. Until then, Yahoo groups
provides a mailing list (with web access, if you don't want to receive
mailings directly), a document repository, online calendar, online
database, online polls, and more. In the interest of transparency,
anyone who has any interest in VistA can participate in the list. If
you would like to do so, please go to http://www.yahoogroups.com, search
for vista-vendors, and ask to join the group. It will send me a request
to approve your joining, and I will do so forthwith. To access the
shared file areas, online calendar, etc. you will need a Yahoo id, and
link that id to the e-mail address you use for joining the vista-vendors
group.

In the interest of keeping those who would harvest e-mail address off
the Yahoo groups list, I have created the list as open to members, not
open to the world at large. But this is my *only* purpose in gating
membership. It is my intent that this group otherwise be completely
transparent, which is especially important because trade groups must
always be sensitive to the possibility of allegations of
anti-competitive collusion. Complete transparency not only helps avoid
anti-competitive behavior, it also helps avoid even the appearance of
such behavior.

Since there are existing e-mails that are circulating and which
therefore don't meet the transparency test, I will forward to Yahoo
groups any e-mails I have received that pertain to these vendor
discussions.

If you are a vendor of VistA related products and services, or are just
interested, please join the group vista-vendors at
http://www.yahoogroups.com.

Attendee organization list (in alphabetical order):

     Document Storage Systems
     Fidelity Information Services
     Global Technologies
     Hewlett-Packard
     InterSystems
     Medical Alliances
     Medsphere
     Oleen Healthcare
     Perot Systems
     Sea Island Systems
     WorldVistA

If I have missed your organization, or not listed it correctly, I
apologize in advance. Please send me a correction.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

P.S. I am looking for someone to be another owner of the list, as well
as a couple of fellow administrators, just in case I fall off the earth
or simply fall of a ladder.

K.S. Bhaskar
VP, Product Manager
Fidelity Information Services, Inc.
40 Valley Stream Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355, USA
+1 (610) 578-4265
k.bha-@sanchez.com
http://www.sanchez.com
http://www.sanchez-gtm.com

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential and/or privileged information intended only for the person(s) named.
Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by another person is strictly prohibited.

NOTE: Ce courriel est destine exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) mentionne(s) ci-dessus et peut contenir de l'information privilegiee, confidentielle et/ou dispensee de divulgation aux termes des lois applicables. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, ou s'il ne vous est pas destine, veuillez le mentionner immediatement a l'expediteur et effacer ce courriel.