Welcome Guest!
 Hardhats
Tunneling CPRS  wagn-@musc.edu
 Aug 24, 2004 12:05 PDT

I have come across an issue that I'm sure others have solved. So, I'd
like to know what options have been used. This is a simple firewall
problem.

The OpenVista server resides on a subnet behind a firewall. The CPRS
client machine is on a different subnet behind a different firewall. I
can open port 9200 on the OpenVista firewall to get CPRS to connect to
OpenVista. However, the connection is never complete.

Talking to Lloyd Milligan, I have discovered that OpenVista makes a
callback connection to CPRS on a random port. So, the problem must be
that the firewall around the CPRS client is blocking that callback
connection. I cannot open the firewall there since I don't know what
port(s) to open.

I asked a less distinct question before and I was told that I could use
SSH tunneling or VPN. How can either work in this case where the port
it is connecting to is unkown?

-Shaun