Welcome Guest!
 Home&Garden
Re: perrenials  Cher
 Mar 09, 2005 16:22 PST

i have an excellent book that deals with perennials. it's called "The
Perennial Gardener's Design Primer" by Stephanie Cohen. i looked up the
section on dry soils & it says these are good plants to use:

allium or chives
sea thrift
dianthus
creeping baby's breath or snow in summer
a low growing coreopsis
compact asiatic lilies
nepeta or catmint
fountain grass
'Marcus salvia' or 'Goodness Grows' speedwell
sedums
creeping thyme or any other thyme
other grasses work well too

it also suggests daylilies & torch lilies

i know my daylilies are in partial sun & they work well. so are my thymes.

the book says any type of plant that grows readily in a Mediterranean type
climate work well.