Welcome Guest!
 Home&Garden
Re: Ripe Tomatoes in The North Land?  brenda thompson
 Apr 27, 2006 14:33 PDT
yes, start them very early indoors( december or januaury), transplant as early as you possibly can outdoors, they should be a couple feet tall, trench them when transplanting feed them every other week for one month, keep watered regularly, stop feeding after they bloom.
you can also plant indoors if you have a window with alot of sunlight, for over the winter..... just put in a large enough container( such as a trash can with drainage holes set on top of the lid and newspapers in the bottom,) them fill with good soil. you could also plant some other salad fixins with it on top of the soil such as lettuce and onions.
hth
brenda-ohio
Dorothea Culbert <culbert_-@asdk12.org> wrote:
I am a lifelong Alaskan (Eagle River, near Anchorage) who desperately wants
to have fresh tomatoes at the end of the summer. Any advice from gardeners
who live in the north about how to make sure my tomatoes ripen before the
first frost comes? I seem to be able to do a good job with herbs and
flowers, but not tomatoes!

Thanks!

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.