Welcome Guest!
 homeless
(Good News for those that live alone or even homeless!) King and the Avadhuta  DHARMA
 Oct 19, 2007 18:50 PDT
Chapter 7: Lord Kṛṣṇa Instructs Uddhava
http://vedabase.net/sb/11/7/en

(Good News for those that live alone or even homeless!)

SB 11.7.25: Mahārāja Yadu once observed a certain brāhmaṇa avadhūta, who appeared to be quite young and learned, wandering about fearlessly. Being himself most learned in spiritual science, the King took the opportunity and inquired from him as follows.

SB 11.7.26: Śrī Yadu said: O brāhmaṇa, I see that you are not engaged in any practical religious activity, and yet you have acquired a most expert understanding of all things and all people within this world. Kindly tell me, sir, how did you acquire this extraordinary intelligence, and why are you traveling freely throughout the world behaving as if you were a child?

SB 11.7.27: Generally human beings work hard to cultivate religiosity, economic development, sense gratification and also knowledge of the soul, and their usual motive is to increase the duration of their lives, acquire fame and enjoy material opulence.

SB 11.7.28: You, however, although capable, learned, expert, handsome and most eloquent, are not engaged in doing anything, nor do you desire anything; rather, you appear stupefied and maddened as if you were a ghostly creature.

SB 11.7.29: Although all people within the material world are burning in the great forest fire of lust and greed, you remain free and are not burned by that fire. You are just like an elephant who takes shelter from a forest fire by standing within the water of the Ganges River,

SB 11.7.30: O brāhmaṇa, we see that you are devoid of any contact with material enjoyment and that you are traveling alone, without any companions or family members. Therefore, because we are sincerely inquiring from you, please tell us the cause of the great ecstasy that you are feeling within yourself.

Use the following address to study further into this fascinating section of the Bhagavatam.

        Chapter 7: Lord Kṛṣṇa Instructs Uddhava
http://vedabase.net/sb/11/7/en

(You may get distortions in the format for this posting due to receiving in digest format or some other reason. Use the address provided to see these passages online. )

DHARMA
http://japa-mala.org

Call or write if you need guidance & training
regarding Yoga Principles.
sprou-@yahoo.com

Voicemail # 775-368-4002
ANYTIME FAX 775-314-3845