Welcome Guest!
 Hooker Herald
How Sweet This is.......  Justina Toombs
 Mar 25, 2003 12:38 PST

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C2F2DC.42509760

This is outstanding. This lady tells it like it is. God Bless Her!

Last week, the Shelby County Alabama Legislative Delegation hosted a "Stand Up for America Rally." More than 1,200 people attended including featured speakers Chief Justice Roy Moore, Adjutant General Mark Bowen and Alabama State Auditor Beth Chapman.

Attached is a copy of Mrs. Chapman's speech, which resulted in five standing ovations, tremendous applause and an encore. It's a short read and well worth it. I hope you enjoy it as we continue to "Stand up for America!"

Stand Up for America Rally Speech By: Beth Chapman

I'm here tonight because men and women of the United States military have given their lives for my freedom. I am not here tonight because Sheryl Crowe, Rosie O'Donnell, Martin Sheen, George Clooney, Jane Fonda or Phil Donahue, sacrificed their lives for me.

If my memory serves me correctly, it was not movie stars or musicians, but the United States Military who fought on the shores of Iwo Jima, the jungles of Vietnam, and the beaches of Normandy. Tonight, I say we should support the President of the United States and the U.S. Military and tell the liberal, tree-hugging, Birkenstock-wearing, hippy, tie-dyed liberals to go make their movies and music and whine somewhere else.

After all, if they lived in Iraq, they wouldn't be allowed the freedom of speech they're being given here today. Ironically, they would be put to death at the hands of Sadam Husssein or Osama Bin Laden. I want to know how the very people who are against war because of the loss of life, can possibly be the same people who are for abortion?

They are the same people who are for animal rights but against the rights of the unborn. The movie stars say they want to go to Iraq and serve as "human shields" for the Iraqis. I say let them buy a one-way ticket and go.

No one likes war. I hate war! But the one thing I hate more is the fact that this country has been forced into war - innocent people have lost their lives - - and there but for the grace of God, it could have been my brother, my husband, or even worse my own son.

On December 7, 1941, there are no records of movie stars treading the blazing waters of Pearl Harbor.

On September 11, 2001; there are no photos of movie stars standing as "human shields" against the debris and falling bodies ascending from the World Trade Center. There were only policemen and firemen - -underpaid civil servants who gave their all with nothing expected in return.

When the USS Cole was bombed, there were no movie stars guarding the ship - - where were the human shields then?

If America's movie stars want to be human shields, let them shield the gang-ridden streets of Los Angeles, or New York City, let them shield the lives of the children of North Birmingham whose mothers lay them down to sleep on the floor each night to shelter them from stray bullets.

If they want to be human shields, I say let them shield the men and women of honesty and integrity that epitomizes courage and embody the spirit of freedom by wearing the proud uniforms of the United States Military. Those are the people who have earned and deserve shielding!

Throughout the course of history, this country has remained free, not because of movie stars and liberal activists, but because of brave men and women who hated war too. However, they lay down their lives so that we all may live in freedom. After all - "What greater love hath no man, that he lay down his life for his friend," or in this case a country.

We should give our military honor and acknowledgement and not let their lives be in vain. If you want to see true human shields, walk through Arlington Cemetery. There lie human shields, heroes, and the BRAVE Americans who didn't get on television and talk about being a human shield - they were human shields.

I thank God tonight for freedom - - those who bought and paid for it with their lives in the past - - those who will protect it in the present and defend it in the future.

America has remained silent too long! God-fearing people have remained silent too long!

We must lift our voices united in a humble prayer to God for guidance and the strength and courage to sustain us throughout whatever the future may hold.

After the tragic events of Sept. 11th, my then eleven -year-old son said terrorism is a war against them and us and if you're not one of us, then you're one of them.

So in closing tonight, let us be of one accord, let us stand proud, and let us be the human shields of prayer, encouragement and support for the President, our troops and their families and our country.

May God bless America, the land of the free, the home of the brave and the greatest country on the face of this earth.

Send this to everyone you know.   If the war is right or wrong who knows. The main thing we can not let our Military down. We did that in the Vietiam War, lets not do it again.

Think how you would feel, if while in the hospital with your leg blown off, and on TV you see your countrymen running around stopping traffic, yelling you are doing the wrong thing.   We must band together and show our support for those men over there fighting so we can be safe here at home.

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C2F2DC.42509760

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY id=MA0.1048566527 style="COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: " bgColor=#ffffff
background=cid:001301c2f2e0$a6-@nat.myrio.net WIDTH="72"
HEIGHT="100" SRC="cid:X.MA0.10-@aol.com" DATASIZE="2082">
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">
<DIV><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2
FAMILY="SANSSERIF">This is outstanding. This lady tells it like it is. God Bless
Her!<BR><BR><BR><BR>Last week, the Shelby County Alabama Legislative Delegation
hosted a "Stand Up for America Rally." More than 1,200 people attended including
featured speakers Chief Justice Roy Moore, Adjutant General Mark Bowen and
Alabama State Auditor Beth Chapman.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Attached is a copy of Mrs.
Chapman's speech, which resulted in five standing ovations, tremendous applause
and an encore. It's a short read and well worth it. I hope you enjoy it as we
continue to "Stand up for America!"<BR><BR><BR><BR>Stand Up for America Rally
Speech By: Beth Chapman<BR><BR><BR><BR>I'm here tonight because men and women of
the United States military have given their lives for my freedom. I am not here
tonight because Sheryl Crowe, Rosie O'Donnell, Martin Sheen, George Clooney,
Jane Fonda or Phil Donahue, sacrificed their lives for me.<BR><BR><BR><BR>If my
memory serves me correctly, it was not movie stars or musicians, but the United
States Military who fought on the shores of Iwo Jima, the jungles of Vietnam,
and the beaches of Normandy. Tonight, I say we should support the President of
the United States and the U.S. Military and tell the liberal, tree-hugging,
Birkenstock-wearing, hippy, tie-dyed liberals to go make their movies and music
and whine somewhere else.<BR><BR><BR><BR>After all, if they lived in Iraq, they
wouldn't be allowed the freedom of speech they're being given here today.
Ironically, they would be put to death at the hands of Sadam Husssein or Osama
Bin Laden. I want to know how the very people who are against war because of the
loss of life, can possibly be the same people who are for
abortion?<BR><BR><BR><BR>They are the same people who are for animal rights but
against the rights of the unborn. The movie stars say they want to go to Iraq
and serve as "human shields" for the Iraqis. I say let them buy a one-way ticket
and go.<BR><BR><BR><BR>No one likes war. I hate war! But the one thing I hate
more is the fact that this country has been forced into war - innocent people
have lost their lives - - and there but for the grace of God, it could have been
my brother, my husband, or even worse my own son.<BR><BR><BR><BR>On December 7,
1941, there are no records of movie stars treading the blazing waters of Pearl
Harbor.<BR><BR><BR><BR>On September 11, 2001; there are no photos of movie stars
standing as "human shields" against the debris and falling bodies ascending from
the World Trade Center. There were only policemen and firemen - -underpaid civil
servants who gave their all with nothing expected in return.<BR><BR><BR><BR>When
the USS Cole was bombed, there were no movie stars guarding the ship - - where
were the human shields then?<BR><BR><BR><BR>If America's movie stars want to be
human shields, let them shield the gang-ridden streets of Los Angeles, or New
York City, let them shield the lives of the children of North Birmingham whose
mothers lay them down to sleep on the floor each night to shelter them from
stray bullets.<BR><BR><BR><BR>If they want to be human shields, I say let them
shield the men and women of honesty and integrity that epitomizes courage and
embody the spirit of freedom by wearing the proud uniforms of the United States
Military. Those are the people who have earned and deserve
shielding!<BR><BR><BR><BR>Throughout the course of history, this country has
remained free, not because of movie stars and liberal activists, but because of
brave men and women who hated war too. However, they lay down their lives so
that we all may live in freedom. After all - "What greater love hath no man,
that he lay down his life for his friend," or in this case a
country.<BR><BR><BR><BR>We should give our military honor and acknowledgement
and not let their lives be in vain. If you want to see true human shields, walk
through Arlington Cemetery. There lie human shields, heroes, and the BRAVE
Americans who didn't get on television and talk about being a human shield -
they were human shields.<BR><BR><BR><BR>I thank God tonight for freedom - -
those who bought and paid for it with their lives in the past - - those who will
protect it in the present and defend it in the future.<BR><BR><BR><BR>America
has remained silent too long! God-fearing people have remained silent too
long!<BR><BR><BR><BR>We must lift our voices united in a humble prayer to God
for guidance and the strength and courage to sustain us throughout whatever the
future may hold.<BR><BR><BR><BR>After the tragic events of Sept. 11th, my then
eleven -year-old son said terrorism is a war against them and us and if you're
not one of us, then you're one of them.<BR><BR><BR><BR>So in closing tonight,
let us be of one accord, let us stand proud, and let us be the human shields of
prayer, encouragement and support for the President, our troops and their
families and our country.<BR><BR><BR><BR>May God bless America, the land of the
free, the home of the brave and the greatest country on the face of this earth.
<BR><BR>Send this to everyone you know.   If the war is right or wrong
who knows.  The main thing we can not let our Military down.  We did
that in the Vietiam War, lets not do it again.<BR><BR>Think how you would feel,
if while in the hospital with your leg blown off, and on TV you see your
countrymen running around stopping traffic, yelling you are doing the wrong
thing.   We must band together and show our support for those men over
there  fighting so we can be safe here at home.  <BR></FONT><FONT
lang=0 face=arial color=#000000 size=3
FAMILY="SANSSERIF"><BR></FONT></FONT></DIV></DIV>

</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C2F2DC.42509760--