Welcome Guest!
 Hooker Herald
Speaks for itself  Justina Toombs
 Aug 21, 2003 07:13 PDT

 I think this speaks for its self.

Samuel Thompson wrote:

I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for
singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December.

I don't agree with Darwin, but I didn't go out and hire a lawyer when
my

 high school teacher taught his theory of evolution.

Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be endangered
because

 someone says a 30-second prayer before a football game. So what's the
big

 deal? It's not like somebody is up there reading the entire book of
Acts.

 They're just talking to a God they believe in and asking him to grant
safety
to the players on the field and the fans going home from the game. "But
it's
a Christian prayer," some will argue. Yes, and this is the United
States
 of

 America, a country founded on Christian principles. And we are in the
Bible

 Belt. According to our very own phone book, Christian churches
outnumber

 all
others better than 200-to-1. So what would you expect-somebody chanting
Hare
Krishna?

If I went to a football game in Jerusalem, I would expect to hear a
Jewish

 prayer.

If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad, I would expect to hear a Muslim
prayer.

If I went to a ping pong match in China, I would expect to hear someone
pray
to Buddha.

And I wouldn't be offended. It wouldn't bother me one bit. When in
Rome...

"But what about the atheists?" is another argument. What about them?
Nobody

 is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to pass the collection
plate.
Just humor us for 30 seconds. If that's asking too much, bring a
Walkman
 or

 a pair of ear plugs. Go to the bathroom. Visit the concession stand.
Call

 your lawyer. Unfortunately, one or two will make that call. One or two
will

 tell thousands what they can and cannot do. I don't think a short
prayer
 at

 a football game is going to shake the world's foundations.

Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our
courts strip us of all our rights. Our parents and grandparents taught
us

pray before eating, to pray before we go to sleep. Our Bible tells us
just

 to pray without ceasing. Now a handful of people and their lawyers are
telling us to cease praying. God, help us. And if that last sentence
offends
you, well..........just sue me.

The silent majority has been silent too long.. it's time we let that
one
 or

 two who scream loud enough to be heard, that the vast majority don't
care

 what they want.. it is time the majority rules!

It's time we tell them, you don't have to pray.. you don't have to say
the

 pledge of allegiance, you don't have to believe in God or attend
services

 that honor Him. That is your right, and we will honor your right.. but
you

 are no longer going to take our rights away .. we are fighting back..
and

 we
WILL WIN! After all the God you have the right to denounce is on our
side!

God bless us one and all, especially those who denounce Him...

God bless America, despite all her faults.. still the greatest nation
of

 all

God bless our service men who are fighting to protect our right to pray
and

 worship God...

May 2003 be the year the silent majority is heard and we put God back
as

 the
foundation of our families and institutions.

Keep looking up...... In God WE Trust

If you agree with this, please pass it on. If not, delete it!!

<b>MSN 8:</b> Get 6 months for $9.95/month.
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup