Welcome Guest!
 Hooker Herald
America is my Country  Justina Toombs
 Jan 30, 2004 21:28 PST

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C3E788.A9EFA810

Message

 Story in Tampa Paper

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue
to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries
that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????
Think about it . . .

All I have to say is, when will they do something about
MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't
celebrated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry
Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing
how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? We've gone so far the other way, bent over
backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being
offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

This says it all!

This is an editorial written by an
American citizen, published in a
Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS,
NOT AMERICANS,
MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we
are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11,
we have experienced a surge
in patriotism by the majority
of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had
barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about
the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there
are a few things that those
who have recently come to
our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a
multicultural community
has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we
have our own culture, our
own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH , not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part
of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women,
on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented.
It is certainly appropriate to display it
on the walls of our schools. If God
offends you, then I suggest you
consider another part of the world as
your new home, because God is part
of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or
you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
should seriously consider a move
to another part of this planet. We
are happy with our culture and have
no desire to change, and we really
don't care how you did things where
you came from. This is
OUR COUNTRY,
our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the
right to express his opinion and we
will allow you every opportunity to do
so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag,
our pledge, our national motto, or our
way of life, I highly encourage you
take advantage of one other great American freedom,
THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

If you agree -- pass this along;
if you don't agree -- delete it!

AMEN

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends
(and enemies) it will also, sooner or later
get back to the complainers, lets all try,
please
------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C3E788.A9EFA810

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Message</TITLE>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>>Story in
Tampa Paper </FONT>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we
continue
<DIV></DIV>>to make the changes forced on us by the people from other
countries
<DIV></DIV>>that came to live in America because it is the Country of
Choice??????
<DIV></DIV>>Think about it . . .
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>All I have to say is, when will they do something about
<DIV></DIV>>MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't
<DIV></DIV>>celebrated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry
<DIV></DIV>>Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not
Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing
<DIV></DIV>>how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday?
We've gone so far the other way, bent over
<DIV></DIV>>backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being
<DIV></DIV>>offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>This says it all!
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>This is an editorial written by an
<DIV></DIV>>American citizen, published in a
<DIV></DIV>>Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>IMMIGRANTS,
<DIV></DIV>>NOT AMERICANS,
<DIV></DIV>>MUST ADAPT.
<DIV></DIV>>I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we
<DIV></DIV>>are offending some individual or their culture. Since the
terrorist attacks on Sept. 11,
<DIV></DIV>>we have experienced a surge
<DIV></DIV>>in patriotism by the majority
<DIV></DIV>>of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had
<DIV></DIV>>barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began
complaining about
<DIV></DIV>>the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against
anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is
almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there
<DIV></DIV>>are a few things that those
<DIV></DIV>>who have recently come to
<DIV></DIV>>our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.
This idea of America being a
<DIV></DIV>>multicultural community
<DIV></DIV>>has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national
identity. As Americans, we
<DIV></DIV>>have our own culture, our
<DIV></DIV>>own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture
has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by
millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>We speak ENGLISH , not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese,
Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
<DIV></DIV>>Therefore, if you wish to become part
<DIV></DIV>>of our society, learn the language!
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some
Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian
men and women,
<DIV></DIV>>on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly
documented.
<DIV></DIV>>It is certainly appropriate to display it
<DIV></DIV>>on the walls of our schools. If God
<DIV></DIV>>offends you, then I suggest you
<DIV></DIV>>consider another part of the world as
<DIV></DIV>>your new home, because God is part
<DIV></DIV>>of our culture.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>If Stars and Stripes offend you, or
<DIV></DIV>>you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
<DIV></DIV>>should seriously consider a move
<DIV></DIV>>to another part of this planet. We
<DIV></DIV>>are happy with our culture and have
<DIV></DIV>>no desire to change, and we really
<DIV></DIV>>don't care how you did things where
<DIV></DIV>>you came from. This is
<DIV></DIV>>OUR COUNTRY,
<DIV></DIV>>our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every
citizen the
<DIV></DIV>>right to express his opinion and we
<DIV></DIV>>will allow you every opportunity to do
<DIV></DIV>>so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about
our flag,
<DIV></DIV>>our pledge, our national motto, or our
<DIV></DIV>>way of life, I highly encourage you
<DIV></DIV>>take advantage of one other great American freedom,
<DIV></DIV>>THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>If you agree -- pass this along;
<DIV></DIV>>if you don't agree -- delete it!
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>AMEN
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends
<DIV></DIV>>(and enemies) it will also, sooner or later
<DIV></DIV>>get back to the complainers, lets all try,
<DIV></DIV>>please </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C3E788.A9EFA810--