Welcome Guest!
 Hooker Herald
Fw: Let's patronize Sears; they are treating our military with respect  Justina
 Feb 10, 2004 06:32 PST

 Subject: Let's patronize Sears; they are treating our military with
respect
 Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:58:52 EST

Please read the entire forward.

I assume you have all see the reports about how Sears is treating
its
 reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to
hold
 their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people
take a
 big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...
Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and
maintaining
 all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for
all
 called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that
Sears is
 an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its
contribution.

Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell
them
 why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it
well
 deserves.

Pass it on.
---------
 --------

So I decided to check it out before I sent it forward. I sent the
following email to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this email and I would like to know if it is true. If it
is,
 the Internet may have just become one very good source of
 for your store. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from
Sears instead of another store for a like item even if it was
cheaper at
 the other store.

Here is their answer to my email......................

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.

The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.
Sears
 regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our
young
 men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the
burden
 they bear at this time. < BR>
Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
webce-@sears.com
1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends, Sears needs to be
recognized for
 this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans,
we
 do appreciate what they are doing for our military,