Welcome Guest!
 IL Express
60 Second News from Ideal Lives  Lisa Simmons
 Mar 31, 2006 09:03 PST

Hello,

I hope you've been enjoying the first 5 newsletters in our
"60 Seconds on Special Needs Series".

I'm still receiving wonderful feedback that this format
really fits your life, and that is music to my ears. Just
this week Nicole Horning wrote to tell me:

"Thank you so much for making these lists. I have been
enjoying reading these emails (60 Seconds on IEPs) and I
feel more prepared and more calm. I read the common
mistakes in an IEP meeting and have experienced 8 of the 17!
Our IEP meeting went well on Monday. The team was impressed
and pleased that we had done our "homework" (listing our
daughter's strengths and challenges, our vision for her and
our goals) as one of the "60 seconds on IEPs" had
recommended . It was really good for everyone to see what
our hopes are and to realize that we are all working toward
the same thing. It started the meeting off on a really good
foot. And from there, it was more of a brainstorming
session than a really stressful fight to get what we want.
Thank you for producing a useful tool." ~ Nic Horning,
parent

If you missed out and aren't signed up yet, it's
not too late. If fact I've added ANOTHER new choice.

You can now get short, concise, topic-specific tips on:
=> IEPs
=> Autism
=> ADD/ADHD
=> Down Syndrome
=> Learning Disabilities
=> Cerebral Palsy

Visit this page to select the one(s) that are right for you:
http://www.ideallives.com/content.php?cid=1005

Still in development:
=> 60 Seconds on Sensory Processing Disorders (this should
be available soon!)
=> 60 Seconds on Dyslexia
=> 60 Seconds on Assistive Technology
=> 60 Seconds on Disability Awareness
=> 60 Seconds on Transition

Also - I want to let you know about a very useful newsletter
that came out recently from the Family Center on Technology
& Disability.

It's all about summer camps -- it features an interview
with Ann Cathcart, parent and founder of The Learning Camp,
a camp for children with learning disabilities. Plus it has
a "Resources" section that is simply bursting with links to
online summer guides and reviews. If your child is
interested in going to camp this summer, I encourage you to
spend a few minutes reading at:
http://tinyurl.com/lqnmo

All my best,
Lisa