Welcome Guest!
 RecommendRecipes
Re: asking for vegetables menu  brenda thompson
 Sep 13, 2007 09:36 PDT
Hi
In US we use the 5servings a day or more rule for fruits and vegetables.
Each person should eat at least 5 servings fruits or veggies every day, totalling at 2 and 1/2 cups or more all together.

you can have this in any form you wish

for example:
along with breakfast you could have small glass of juice of choice ..fruit or veggie

during lunch
you could have a side salad, veggie sticks
or piece of fruit

then at supper you could have
2 different veggies included in your meal as side dishes or in soups or casserole or stirfry

and fruit for snack later, or fruit based dessert

What is the 5 A Day Program?

    The 5 A Day for Better Health Program is the first national nutrition program to approach Americans with a simple, positive message eat 5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables every day as part of a balanced diet. The program is jointly sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the Produce for Better Health Foundation, a nonprofit consumer education foundation representing the fruit and vegetable industry.
Program Objectives:

     To increase public awareness of the importance of eating at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day for better health and

     To provide consumers specific information about how to incorporate more servings of fruits and vegetables into daily eating patterns.

5 Points to Remember

   Adults and children need 2 1/2 to 6 1/2 cups of colorful fruits and vegetables for better health.
   Eat at least one vitamin C-rich selection every day. Vitamin C helps wounds to heal and helps our body us use the iron found in plant foods.
   Eat at least one selection that is rich in vitamin A each day. Vitamin A is important for our eyes, healthy skin, and growth.
   Eat at least one high-fiber selection every day. Fiber may prevent certain cancers from starting and may help lower our blood cholesterol.
   Eat cabbage family (cruciferous) vegetables several times each week. These include cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and kale.
hope this helps
brenda-ohio

dEe morz <dEaNa-@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm deana from Malaysia University Technology Mara. I want to ask some
vegetable menu because I have bad diet schedule for my daily. Please
help me to solve this problem.

Thank you for your concerned.

Deana.

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.