Welcome Guest!
 RecommendRecipes
Re: asking for vegetables menu  diana asong
 Sep 15, 2007 02:08 PDT
Hi,
Thank you for your kinds to inform me more about vegetables. Actually it
difficult to see me eat vegetable everyday... I dislike that kind of food...
But I will try to eat it from now even I dislike it...

On 9/13/07, brenda thompson <bdws-@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi
In US we use the 5servings a day or more rule for fruits and vegetables.
Each person should eat at least 5 servings fruits or veggies every day,
totalling at 2 and 1/2 cups or more all together.

you can have this in any form you wish

for example:
along with breakfast you could have small glass of juice of choice ..fruit
or veggie

during lunch
you could have a side salad, veggie sticks
or piece of fruit

then at supper you could have
2 different veggies included in your meal as side dishes or in soups or
casserole or stirfry

and fruit for snack later, or fruit based dessert

What is the 5 A Day Program?   [image: Eat 5 to 9 A Day for Better Health]
The 5 A Day for Better Health Program is the first national nutrition
program to approach Americans with a simple, positive message eat 5 or
more servings of fruits and vegetables every day as part of a balanced diet.
The program is jointly sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and
the Produce for Better Health Foundation, a nonprofit consumer education
foundation representing the fruit and vegetable industry.
Program Objectives:

    1. To increase public awareness of the importance of eating at least
    5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day for better health and
    2. To provide consumers specific information about how to
    incorporate more servings of fruits and vegetables into daily eating
    patterns.

*5 Points to Remember*

    1. Adults and children need 2 1/2 to 6 1/2 cups of colorful fruits
    and vegetables for better health.
    2. Eat at least one vitamin C-rich selection every day. Vitamin C
    helps wounds to heal and helps our body us use the iron found in plant
    foods.
    3. Eat at least one selection that is rich in vitamin A each day.
    Vitamin A is important for our eyes, healthy skin, and growth.
    4. Eat at least one high-fiber selection every day. Fiber may
    prevent certain cancers from starting and may help lower our blood
    cholesterol.
    5. Eat cabbage family (cruciferous) vegetables several times each
    week. These include cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and
    kale.

hope this helps
brenda-ohio

*dEe morz <dEaNa-@gmail.com>* wrote: