Welcome Guest!
 II Errancy
[walt.l-@gmail.com] Explaining the Trinity  Errancy Archive
 Jul 22, 2007 16:52 PDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [errancy] Explaining the Trinity
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:39:18 -0500
From: "Walt Lechman" <walt.l-@gmail.com>

 ANDRE ARTUS
I see, from following the "Defending the Trinity" thread, that there are
some of you godless heathens who don't understand the concept of the
Trinity. Why, we even have Matthew Bell telling us that the triune nature of
God is inexplicable [by him at least] nonsense.

Having spent countless hours (three to be exact) pouring over the New
Testament and the Chronicles of Narnia, I feel that I have gained a unique
understanding of the subject and would like to see if I can use it to eff
the ineffable.

God exists as three distinct parts: a main battle tank, a jet propelled
helicopter, and a giant bottle of gin. The three parts make up a team of
super crime fighters know simply as The Trinity. The team springs into
action whenever evildoers threaten the universe, each member launching
themselves from their super secret suboceanic base in a set piece of
elaborate action sequences.

The true nature of God is learned when, after a long and arduous battle,
our heroes, teetering on the brink of defeat, come to the realization that
they cannot best the sneering evildoer in their individual modes. The secret
command word is shouted and the three parts assemble into a giant
ass-kicking robot called God. God, having renewed might and vigour, produces
the Great Flaming Sword of Justice and cleaves the evildoer in twain.

It's that, or I have been watching too many Japanese animated cartoons

JASON

I don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but there are several people who
are actively discussing the doctrine of the trinity on the Evangelical
Debate Society discussion group on Yahoo. Feel free to read and/or join
in. Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evdebate/

Walt:
Maybe you can get them to help you answer the following:

1) How do you know God exists?
2) How do you know the being you believe in is the one true God?
3) How do you know the Bible is the word of God?
4) How do you know the difference between good and evil?
5) How do you know God's standard of good and evil is correct, i.e. that
what he says is good actually is good and that what he says is evil actually
is evil?
6) How do you know God is outside of space and time?
7) How do you know God is perfect?
8) How do you know God is all-knowing and all-powerful?
9) How do you know God is just?
10) By which standard are you making these judgments?

---

              You've Got Questions. We've Got A Web Family (tm)

http://theskepticalreview.com   http://iierrancy.com   http://errantyears.com