Welcome Guest!
 II Errancy
[chrisd-@rogers.com] What Atheists Can't Answer  Errancy Archive
 Jul 22, 2007 16:52 PDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [errancy] What Atheists Can't Answer
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:08:33 -0400
From: "Christopher D'Souza" <chrisd-@rogers.com>

DAR
a) You say Doug gives "5 examples of an objective system", and then in your
next sentence you
contradict yourself and say he gave none.
b) Jason actually said nothing about "one objective system and five
subjective ones." This
is appropriate considering he knows absolutely nothing about the subject.
c) The five systems Doug referred to are understood as "objective systems"
as per the
standard definition of "objective" which Doug already provided.
d) Why do you troll this list with such junk?

AUGAT
How about Ayn Rand's Objectivism? I know there are many that either love or
hate her ideas, but I've found her system of ethics very useful and
completely atheistic.

CHRISTOPHER REPLYING TO DAREDAR

a. I did not say they were objective, I repeated that Doug said they were
objective. I think you would sound more intelligent if you read what you
were defending Doug about.

b. Read again what Jason said.

c. Bullshit.

d. Who me? Trolling? Ha ha, you must be joking!

CHRISTOPHER REPLYING TO AUGAT

Augat, the term objective has three approximate meanings:

a. impartiality of judgement - no personal bias, no self interest, etc.

b. independence of awareness - a thing exists even if no one is aware of it.
Example: In the discussion topic 'existence' we covered how microbes existed
before we invented microscopes.

c. independence of opinion - example, we assume that someone deserves
admiration irrespective of how our group or the crowd around us thinks of
the someone. Example: Brett Palmer is willing to enter into a respectful
debate irrespective of Farrell Till's desperate effort to have me branded as
a troll. Walt is willing to stand up and say things honestly, even if they
support me. Darrell, on the other hand values sucking up to Doug more than
independence of opinion. Fair enough, I suppose he will only 'bite' what he
can chew! <grins>

When Doug and Jason speak of objective ethical systems, you can now work out
what they mean.

---

              You've Got Questions. We've Got A Web Family (tm)

http://theskepticalreview.com   http://iierrancy.com   http://errantyears.com