Welcome Guest!
 II Errancy
[mrath-@att.net] Deflated Gasbag  Errancy Archive
 Jul 22, 2007 16:52 PDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [errancy] Deflated Gasbag
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:49:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Doug Krueger <mrath-@att.net>

 CORMIER:
Could you clarify your belief that the Bible is
inerrant?

JASON
I believe that every alleged error can be
reconciled and harmonized.

Walt:
What's funny about your methods, Jason, is that we
could apply them to
 reconcile and harmonize every error in every book
known to man. This
 would mean that all written documents are inerrant
(according to the
 methods you employ), which would make the special
case you make for the
 Bible irrelevant and meaningless.

JASON
Arguments by assertion by a naysayer. That's not a
new one.

TILL
Gastrich, stop this kind of nonsense. When you say
that "every alleged
error can be reconciled and harmonized," you are
making an assertion, so
don't accuse the ones who reply to this of arguing
by assertion. If you
can't see that you argued by assertion, you have no
business trying to be
an apologist.

DOUG
Gastrich, I have challenged you to find fault with the
two main Bible contradictions I used in our IIDB
debate. You tried to reconcile those passages and
fell flat on your face.

Do you want to try again in this forum?

---

              You've Got Questions. We've Got A Web Family (tm)

http://theskepticalreview.com   http://iierrancy.com   http://errantyears.com