Welcome Guest!
 II Errancy
[Jas-@jcsm.org] Explaining the Trinity  Errancy Archive
 Jul 22, 2007 20:27 PDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [errancy] Explaining the Trinity
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:36:52 -0700
From: "Jason Gastrich, Ph.D." <Jas-@jcsm.org>

ANDRE ARTUS

I see, from following the "Defending the Trinity" thread, that there are
some of you godless heathens who don't understand the concept of the Trinity.
Why, we even have Matthew Bell telling us that the triune nature of God is
inexplicable [by him at least] nonsense.

Having spent countless hours (three to be exact) pouring over the New
Testament and the Chronicles of Narnia, I feel that I have gained a unique
understanding of the subject and would like to see if I can use it to eff the
ineffable.

God exists as three distinct parts: a main battle tank, a jet propelled
helicopter, and a giant bottle of gin. The three parts make up a team of super
crime fighters know simply as The Trinity. The team springs into action
whenever evildoers threaten the universe, each member launching themselves
from their super secret suboceanic base in a set piece of elaborate action
sequences.

The true nature of God is learned when, after a long and arduous battle, our
heroes, teetering on the brink of defeat, come to the realization that they
cannot best the sneering evildoer in their individual modes. The secret
command word is shouted and the three parts assemble into a giant ass-kicking
robot called God. God, having renewed might and vigour, produces the Great
Flaming Sword of Justice and cleaves the evildoer in twain.

It's that, or I have been watching too many Japanese animated cartoons

JASON

I don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but there are several people who
are actively discussing the doctrine of the trinity on the Evangelical Debate
Society discussion group on Yahoo. Feel free to read and/or join in. Link:

Jason

---

              You've Got Questions. We've Got A Web Family (tm)

http://theskepticalreview.com   http://iierrancy.com   http://errantyears.com