Welcome Guest!
 JUSTJEANNE
"JUST JEANNE" - Volume 116 - 4-25-05  justjeanne49
 Apr 23, 2005 20:08 PDT

This is coming out early as Topica will be down for maintenane on Sunday
and I am going to the theatre to see a musical. Enjoy!!

<><><> "JUST JEANNE" Volume 116 (Monday, 4-25-05)<><><>

Welcome to Volume 116 of "JUST JEANNE", a zine devoted to having fun
with cooking, canning, using our home-grown herbs and veggies, and
sharing stories, poems and jokes....a comfortable place to take off your
shoes, put your feet up, and spend some time interacting with people who
love life.

I saw my neurosurgeon on Thursday, a little over a year from my spinal
surgery. He released me back to my family doctor unless I have further
problems. He gave me the go ahead to work in my garden again and resume
normal activities. Told me to let my body be my guide as to what I can
do. The residual effect of the bulging disks and bone spur and surgery
is that I periodically have neck pain and the tip of the index finger on
my right hand is numb. If the numbness does not go away in another six
months, it ain't never gonna happen.

I did a little bit of clean-up in my raised herb bed after I got
finished with my appointment at the neurosurgeon. I am not fully healed
but was told I could start doing the things I love again like gardening
and some major canning projects.
I did pull some weeds that have died and were covering the herbs that
came back. I have lots of mints and I will probably donate some of the
volunteers to a local animal shelter that is having a garden sale for a
fund-raiser in May. My Anise Hyssop is back as are scallions, chives,
lemon balm, and some oregano although I can't get at it as it is in the
middle of the bed right now. I think I see some sages at the back of
the bed which I cannot get to either. I plan to dig out the herbs that
are back and temporarily transplant them to large containers. Then I
need to dig out all the weeds, move some of the soil over, lay down weed
barrier, and then replant the herbs. I have lots of seeds I can plant
right in the bed that I will supplement with seedlings when they become
available.

I also started two flats of tomatoes from seed Thursday. Weather here
in Illinois is goofy. High 80's a few days ago and now 40's but
supposed to drop again tonight and lousy cold rain (and snow OH NO!!)
predicted for the weekend. Not sure how much, if anything, I can get
done over the weekend other than to take some of the soil out of the bed
and start some more flats of various seeds. I put the two flats on my
deck for the time being.

Now if the family of jackbunnies that drive Chelsea nuts will leave the
little seedlings I hope grow alone, we will all be happy campers.
Otherwise, I am going to cook rabbit stew....hee hee hee. After a year
of being told not to bend, stretch or lift, it felt good to do the
little bit I did already. Now if the weather will cooperate the next
few weeks, I may actually have a lovely garden filled with herbs,
veggies, and flowers. Wish me luck!

Not sure what happened last week. I started saying that I have been
busy creating lots of new healthy recipes. I must have accidentally
deleted the rest of the note.....oops! I also got lots of low carb
products from one of the freecyling groups I belong to. The lady also
gave me a pressure cooker. It needed a weighted gauge but when I went
to Presto's website and looked up the model number of that part, lo and
behold, it is the same part as the weighted gauge I use for my Presto
pressure canner.

As always, a very special thank you to my dear friend, Cat Adams, who
helped "Just Jeanne" start publishing on August 6, 2001.

Please keep all of our American, British, Canadian and all our Allies
military personnel and their families in your prayers.

"There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say, 'Yes,
I've got dreams, of course I've got dreams.' Then they put the box away
and bring it out once in awhile to look in it, and yep, they're still
there. These are great dreams, but they never even get out of the box.
It takes an uncommon amount of guts to put your dreams on the line, to
hold them up and say, 'How good or how bad am I?' That's where courage
comes in."
~Erma Bombeck~

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
~Franklin Delano Roosevelt~

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
~Eleanor Roosevelt~

"If you would lift me up you must be on higher ground."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

"When you accept yourself, the whole world accepts you."
~Lao Tzu~

"Aim at the sun and you may not reach it; but your arrow will fly far
higher than if you had aimed at an object on a level with yourself."
~F. Hawes~

"Ideas are precious commodities, preparation is invaluable, and
knowledge is essential when it comes to the pursuit of great
achievements. But ideas, preparation, and knowledge are useless without
action, because action is the starting point of all progress. It is
action that converts an idea into reality."
~Author Unknown~

"The biggest person with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the
smallest person with the smallest mind. Think big anyway."
~Mother Teresa~

"You can't fly a kite unless you go against the wind and have a weight
to keep it from turning somersaults. The same with man. No man will
succeed unless he is ready to face and overcome difficulties and is
prepared to assume responsibilities."
~ William J. H. Boetcker~

"I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your
mind must know it has got to get down to earth."
~ Pearl S. Buck~

"There is much satisfaction in work well done, but there can be no
happiness equal to the joy of finding a heart that understands."
~Victor Robinsoll~

"Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both
together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul
of genius."
~Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart~

"After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand
and chaining a soul, and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and
company doesn't mean security, and you begin to learn that kisses aren't
contracts and presents aren't promises, and you begin to accept your
defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an
adult, not the grief of a child. You learn to build all your roads on
today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans. After a
while, you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much. So,
plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for
someone to bring you flowers. And you learn that you really can endure;
that you really are strong, and you really do have worth."
~Author Unknown~

"Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay,
not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is
something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being
nothing."
~ Denis Waitley~

"Every action you take has consequences. That may at first seem to be a
burden, but it is actually very empowering. For consequences are what
make progress possible. It is in the consequences that life's treasures
are to be found. Yes, many of life's consequences are burdensome. Yet
a life with no consequences at all would carry with it a far greater and
unbearable burden. If there were no consequences, there would be no
pathway to desired results. Without consequences, true achievement
would be impossible. Though some of them are painful, consequences
ultimately point you in a positive direction. By experiencing
consequences, both the positive and the negative ones, you learn which
actions to take. Though consequences can make life difficult, they also
make it rich. For consequences give real meaning and value to the
choices that you make."
~Author Unknown~

"No man or woman of the humblest sort can really be strong, gentle and
good, without the world being better for it, without somebody being
helped and comforted by the very existence of that goodness."
~Phillips Brooks~

"You can find on the outside only what you possess on the inside."
~Adolfo Montiel Ballesteros~

"Our differences make us stronger. Our tolerance for those that are
different from us is only one stepping-stone on the way to realizing
that there is nothing to tolerate. Mankind's differences should be
welcomed as one of mankind's greatest strengths. Progress in every age
results only from the fact that there are some men and women who refuse
to believe that what they know to be right cannot be done."
~Russell W. Davenport~

"Everything I understand, I understand only because I love."
~ Leo Tolstoy~

"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly
the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy
more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save
time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and
forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still
have an entire tomorrow."
~ Denis Waitley~

"Christian Days of The Week"

Monday - Wash Day:
"Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve
You with perfect humility through the week ahead."

Tuesday - Ironing Day:
"Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice I have
collected though the years so that I may see the beauty in others."

Wednesday - Mending Day:
"O God, help me mend my ways so I will not set a bad example for
others."

Thursday - Cleaning Day:
"Lord, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the
secret corners of my heart."

Friday - Shopping Day:
"O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal
happiness for myself and all others in need of love."

Saturday - Cooking Day:
"Help me, Lord, to brew a big kettle of neighborly love and serve it
with clean, sweet bread of human kindness."

Sunday - The Lord's Day:
"O God, I have prepared my house for You. Please come into my heart so
I may spend the day and the rest of my life in Your presence."

~Author Unknown~

"The acorn becomes an oak by means of automatic growth; no commitment is
necessary. But a man or woman becomes fully human only by his or her
choices and his or her commitment to them. People attain worth and
dignity by the multitude of decisions they make from day to day. These
decisions sometimes require courage."
~Rollo May~

"Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how
infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many
things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever."
~Isak Dinesen~

and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find
the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a
healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know
even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the
meaning of success."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson~

"Always you have been told that work is a curse and labor; a misfortune.
But I say to you that when you work you fulfill a part of earth's
furthest dream, assigned to you when that dream was born, and in keeping
yourself with labor you are in truth loving life."
~Kahlil Gibran~

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you
plant."
~Robert Louis Stevenson~

Please help us grow by recommending us to your friends! To subscribe,
just send a blank e-mail to:
justjeanne4-@topica.com
Subscribe to "JUST JEANNE" NOW!

How to get back issues from our archives: Just click on the following
link:
http://www.topica.com/lists/justjeanne49/read

Contents in this issue:
   Recipe:   Jeanne's Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breasts II
   Recipe:   Jeanne's Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breasts III
   Recipe:   Jeanne's Stuffed Chicken Breasts IV
   Recipe:   Jeanne's Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breasts V With Balsamic
Minted Carrots
Granny Knows Best
   Recipe: Jeanne's Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breasts VI
   Recipe: Jeanne's Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breasts VII
Chelsea's Corner
   Recipe:   Pooch Cookies
   Recipe:   Fishy Kitty Delight
Laugh or Cry
"Putting Up" with Jeanne
   Recipe:   Jeanne's Apricot and Almond Chutney
   Recipe:   Jeanne's Apricot Raisin Conserve
   Recipe:   Jeanne's Pineapple Strawberry Delight
   Recipe:   Jeanne's Pickle Eggplant
"JUST JEANNE'S" Favorite Links
Reader Requests/Comments/Recipes

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

DO THIS TODAY!! Check out "JUST JEANNE" on the web including CHELSEA'S
CORNER & "PUTTING UP" With Jeanne. Our dearest friend, Kieto, spent
hours and hours loading our web pages with all kinds of neat animated
graphics. Chelsea and I are very impressed with how talented Kieto is.
You will be too!! Chelsea just loves her graphics and is proud to share
a page with a kitty who reminds her of her favorite little kitty, Aunty
Cat!

"JUST JEANNE"
http://home.earthlink.net/~maackjeanne/index.html

Thank you, Kieto. We just love our web pages.

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

Welcome to our International readers. We are glad to welcome you to our
growing family. For our new International readers, this bears
repeating. We appreciate that there are major differences between
American and European measurements and commodities. We direct you to a
site that has 65 charts including several conversion charts including
Volume and Weight, Oven Temperature, Table for U.S. and Metric,
Conversion Factors, British Measurements, and British Cooking
Terminology:

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/kitchart/kitchart.html

Don't have something; there is a substitution chart here too.
http://www.lots-of-lists.com/kitchenmeasures.shtml#foodequivalents

Cooks Thesaurus
http://www.foodsubs.com/

[Editor's note: please tell us where you are from]

[Editor's Note: if we feature a recipe calling for a brand specific
ingredient and you cannot find it in your local supermarkets, let us
know and we'll research it for you.]

NOTE: I have to watch my blood sugar level. I prefer to use Splenda.
It is my choice of a sugar replacement. If for whatever reason you wish
to use any other non-sugar substitute for Splenda, the recipe may not
turn out because I created them using Splenda measure for measure
instead of sugar.

Today I am sharing six more Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breast recipes:

Here is another stuffed chicken breast recipe that I have altered to
make it healthier. The sun-dried tomatoes and fresh parsley and
tarragon really give this chicken dish a delightfully fresh flavor.

JEANNE'S HEALTHY STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS II

8 sun dried tomatoes
2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
4 teaspoons unsalted butter or margarine, softened
4 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
4 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
6 boneless, and skinless chicken breasts
1 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
1 large egg, beaten
salt and pepper
1 quart reduced-fat chicken broth

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut chicken breasts in half. Place
between sheets of plastic wax; gently pound with a meat mallet to
flatten evenly. In a small bowl, cover sun-dried tomatoes with boiling
water and let stand 5 minutes until softened. Chop finely. Press
excess liquid from spinach and combine with chopped tomatoes, lemon
zest, butter, parsley, tarragon, and shredded Mozzarella cheese. Stir
until well-combined. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and
fill with even portions of the filling mixture. Roll up and secure with
toothpicks. Spray a lasagna pan with cooking spray and arrange chicken
in bottom. Spoon any extra filling around the chicken rolls. Pour
chicken broth over the stuffed chicken breast rolls. Bake uncovered at
350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes. Carefully remove toothpicks and
serve with cooked brown rice. Serves 4 to 6.

This is another healthier version of a favorite of mine. The
combination of cheeses and walnuts with fresh oregano or thyme is really
flavorful.

JEANNE'S HEALTHY STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS III

6 boneless, and skinless chicken breasts
1 cup reduced-fat Ricotta cheese
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano or thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
4 teaspoons unsalted butter or margarine, softened
1 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
1 large egg, beaten
salt and pepper
1 to 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut chicken breasts in half. Place
between sheets of plastic wax; gently pound with a meat mallet to
flatten evenly. In a mixing bowl, combine Ricotta cheese, Parmesan
cheese, walnuts, oregano or thyme, butter or margarine, bread crumbs and
egg. Mix well. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and fill
with even portions of the filling mixture. Roll up and secure with
toothpicks. Brush lightly with extra virgin olive oil. Spray a lasagna
pan with cooking spray and arrange chicken in bottom. Bake uncovered at
350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes until chicken is opaque. Carefully
remove toothpicks and serve with cooked brown rice. Serves 4 to 6.

Still another favorite of mine that I have altered to make it healthier.
The stuffing in this one is really yummy. The sweet potato and bacon
is perked up by the jalapeño pepper and when married with parsley and
dill, this one is a real winner.

JEANNE'S HEALTHY STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS IV

6 boneless, and skinless chicken breasts
6 slices turkey bacon diced
1 large onion, peeled and minced
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
3 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
1 red jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
3/4 cup reduced-fat chicken broth
4 teaspoons unsalted butter or margarine, softened
salt and pepper

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut chicken breasts in half. Place
between sheets of plastic wax; gently pound with a meat mallet to
flatten evenly. Sauté bacon in skillet until it begins to brown. Add
diced onions, sweet potato, garlic and jalapeño pepper and slowly sauté
until vegetables soften. Add breadcrumbs and 1/4 to1/2 cup chicken
broth (just enough to moisten). Remove skillet from heat and stir in
soft butter, chopped parsley and dill.   . Continue stirring mixture
until butter is completely melted. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt
and pepper and fill with even portions of the filling mixture. Roll up
and secure with toothpicks. Spray a lasagna pan with cooking spray and
arrange chicken in bottom. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 to 60
minutes until chicken is opaque. Remove chicken from pan and carefully
remove toothpicks. Arrange on a serving platter. Make a sauce by
deglazing pan by adding remaining chicken stock. Boil rapidly to
slightly reduce liquid. Pour over chicken. Serve with cooked brown
rice. Serves 4 to 6.

Here is another favorite of mine that I have altered to make healthier.
The combination of cheeses and pecans with fresh sage marries well. I
like to serve this with a huge salad. Gourmet enough for a fine dinner
party.

JEANNE'S HEALTHY STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS V

6 boneless, and skinless chicken breasts
1 cup cooked wild rice
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1 cup reduced-fat Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage or 2 teaspoons dried
4 teaspoons unsalted butter or margarine, softened
1 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
1 large egg, beaten
salt and pepper
1 to 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut chicken breasts in half. Place
between sheets of plastic wax; gently pound with a meat mallet to
flatten evenly. Cook wild rice in water until done. In a mixing bowl,
combine cooked wild rice, Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, pecans, sage,
butter or margarine, bread crumbs and egg. Mix well. Sprinkle chicken
breasts with salt and pepper and fill with even portions of the filling
mixture. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Brush lightly with extra
virgin olive oil. Spray a lasagna pan with cooking spray and arrange
chicken in bottom. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes
until chicken is opaque. Carefully remove toothpicks and serve with
cooked brown rice. Serves 4 to 6.

mailto:justje-@earthlink.net
Here's my favorite recipe, jeanne.

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

Handmade refrigerator magnets for sale:

I am selling cute handmade refrigerator magnets. They are business-card
sized and have a colored picture on the left side with your name in bold
black letters on the right side. They will say: your name's kitchen or
if you are a canner, your name's canning kitchen. They make great
gifts. The kitchen logo can feature a Caucasian or African American
person.

They are $3.75 plus 50 cents shipping and handling to US addresses per
magnet. Out of USA the shipping and handling to be determined.

To order, send me an email telling me your name, mailing address, how
many, the name to be used, and whether you want a cooking or kitchen
logo. I will return the email with my name and address and payment
details.

Mailto:justje-@earthlink.net

ATTENTION: All my Ukrainian friends. I can also use Ukrainian Graphics
and it will say your name's Ukrainian Kitchen! The border on these
magnets are Ukrainian embroidery and it contains a lot of pysanky
(Ukrainian Easter eggs). I also can do these with a boy and girl
Ukrainian dancer dressed in traditional costumes.

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

FREE SUBSCRIPTION to a great recipe discussion group started by my late
friend, Janie. We already have 500 plus members and are having loads of
fun every day. We not only share recipes but have evolved into an
extended "family" of sorts sharing clean humor and inspirational
messages and the like. Join us!

MAKE A MIX RECIPES
Love to share recipes? Love to talk to friends on line about
cooking, hints, memories old and new, then this is the place for you.
Join your friends.
Go to:
or send an email to:
MakeAMixRecip-@yahoogroups.com

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

This is a group I belong to that is very chit-chatty with a lot of nice
members. They share inspirational material, prayers, recipes, and life
in general. Vicky, the owner, is a lovely lady and Betty-Ellen, one of
the co-mods is a good friend.

Our Daily Bread -
A Place to come to for great friends, fun, and recipes
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ourdailybread or send an email to:
ourdailybrea-@yahoogroups.com

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

Granny Knows Best:

More Thoughts on Healthy Eating:

It is now 16 months since I embarked upon a healthier eating lifestyle.
On the subject of salt-free cooking, here are my thoughts. When you
have to watch sodium levels, you need to be very aware of the sodium
content in commercially prepared foods. Learn to read labels on cans
and packages very carefully. Some frozen dinners may say low carb/low
fat but the sodium level would keep a herd of deer set for a Winter or
too (LOL).   Canned soups are high in sodium unless you buy a brand that
specially says low sodium like Campbell's Healthy Request.

Avoid bullion cubes, packaged gravy and sauce mixes, packaged pasta and
rice side dishes and the like. Here again the sodium content is
outrageous. Packaged cheese also is high in sodium. We won't even
mention salty snacks like chips, pretzels, etc. I almost forgot about
seasoning mixes like taco, sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce, etc. They tend
to be very high in sodium levels. You should not be adding salt to the
foods you prepare. Learn to use spices and herbs. Your dishes will be
yummy with no or very little sodium. Forget about garlic salt, onion
salt, celery salt. Use garlic and onion powder and celery seeds
instead.

My late Mom added food to her salt. She'd grab the big salt shaker and
salt her food heavily without tasting it. She developed extremely high
blood pressure and eventually had numerous mini-strokes followed by a
BIG one which left her paralyzed on the left side, wheel chair confined,
diapered and catherized. I have never used a lot of salt myself, even
as a child. However, I used to be a snack food junky and ate a lot of
chips, pretzels and fries. That was my past life.

Following a healthier eating lifestyle means you have to learn to "read"
everything. People have this misconception because a product says "low
calorie, low sugar, low carb, low fat, that they can "pig out" on them.
Wrong! Sometimes the brand-name low carb products have too much sodium
in them. Or because it is labeled low fat, it may have too much sugar
or carbs. Low calorie foods are the biggest offenders. It might have
half the calories than the regular version; however, what else does it
seem to have more of.....right.....it may be sodium, it may be sugar, it
may be carbs, and it may be fats. They reduce the caloric content but
then up everything else. And some of these so-called low carb recipes
out there. Yegads! They take out carbs and add two cups of heavy cream
or a pound of butter.

Balance in what you prepare is the key. This is what I have been
attempting to do the last 16 months; recreating tried and true recipes I
created years ago and those we have eaten in our family and making them
healthier without sacrificing the flavor. My brother shares my home and
is skinny no matter what he eats. He hasn't a clue that everything I
have cooked for the past 16 months is good for him. His only complaint
is that I love mushrooms and many dishes I cook have mushrooms in them.
He picks them out like he has done since he was a youngster.   My answer
to that: "tough noogies"...hee hee hee.

Your shopping trip may take hours since you now will begin to read the
labels very carefully. Before you embark, go through any packages and
cans you have in the house. Make a list of the items you have on hand
and the sodium level. It will shock you. Here are two examples. I
don't eat these things....my brother does:

Lipton Noodles and Sauce Stroganoff (4 ounce package) makes 8 servings -
sodium per serving - 800 mg

Campbells Kitchen Classics Chicken with White and Wild Rice (18.3 ounce
can) makes 2 servings - sodium per serving 830 mg

I suggest making a list of things you want to buy and then to find a low
sodium version of those items. I don't eat much canned soup since I
prefer to make fresh or can my own. I never use the pasta or rice side
dishes as I can easily make my own version from scratch and control the
sodium, carbs and fats.

I am not saying to never eat these things but if you analyze the sodium
level of what you used to eat in a typical day, you probably were
consuming a month's worth of sodium in a day or two. I know I did the
same thing with sugar. Other than drinking diet pop, I was consuming
more sugar in a day than I was supposed to. It was lucky that a routine
blood test told me my sugar level was very high and I had a chance to
change what I ate before I got full-blown adult onset diabetes.
I feel very lucky that I could control my pre-disposition towards
diabetes by making a lifestyle change. A lot of what I have learned
over the past 16 months is that I "control" what I eat.

Still another favorite of mine that I have altered to make healthier.
The combination of the crab meat and cream cheese with the fresh basil,
chives and garlic makes this a gourmet delight. I like to serve this
with balsamic minted carrots.

JEANNE'S HEALTHY STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS VI

6 boneless, and skinless chicken breasts
1 (6 ounce) can crab meat, drained
1 pound reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried
1 tablespoon fresh chives
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2-3 drops hot sauce
1 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
1 large egg, beaten
salt and pepper
1 to 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut chicken breasts in half. Place
between sheets of plastic wax; gently pound with a meat mallet to
flatten evenly. Cook wild rice in water until done. In a mixing bowl,
combine crab meat, softened cream cheese, bread crumbs, basil, chives
and egg. Mix well. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and
fill with even portions of the filling mixture. Roll up and secure with
toothpicks. Brush lightly with extra virgin olive oil. Spray a lasagna
pan with cooking spray and arrange chicken in bottom. Bake uncovered at
350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes until chicken is opaque. Carefully
remove toothpicks and serve with cooked brown rice. Serves 4 to 6.

JEANNE'S HEALTHY BALSAMIC MINTED CARROTS

3 to 4 pounds baby carrots
8 to 10 fresh mint leaves plus a few for garnish
3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon sugar or Splenda

Cook carrots and mint until carrots are tender. Drain in a colander and
discard cooked mint leaves. In small saucepan, melt butter or
margarine. Add sugar or Splenda and balsamic vinegar. Cook for about 2
to 3 minutes on low until slightly reduced. Pour over carrots and toss
to combine. Place on a platter and garnish with mint leaves.

Yet another favorite of mine that I have altered to make it healthier.
The stuffing in this one is sweet and sour. Apples, cranberries,
balsamic vinegar and mint offset the sweetness of the chicken breast
itself. I like to serve this one with fresh broccoli and over brown
rice.

JEANNE'S HEALTHY STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS VII

6 boneless, and skinless chicken breasts
1 medium tart apple, peeled, cored and shredded
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar or Splenda
2 shallots, diced
1 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
3/4 cup reduced-fat chicken broth
4 teaspoons unsalted butter or margarine, softened
salt and pepper
a few fresh mint leaves for garnish

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut chicken breasts in half. Place
between sheets of plastic wax; gently pound with a meat mallet to
flatten evenly. In a small saucepan, combine apples, cranberries, aged
balsamic vinegar, sugar or Splenda, mint and shallots. Heat on low heat
until apples and cranberries have softened. Add breadcrumbs and 1/4
to1/2 cup chicken broth (just enough to moisten). Remove skillet from
heat and stir in soft butter. Continue stirring mixture until butter is
completely melted. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and
fill with even portions of the filling mixture. Roll up and secure with
toothpicks. Spray a lasagna pan with cooking spray and arrange chicken
in bottom. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes until
chicken is opaque. Remove chicken from pan and carefully remove
toothpicks. Arrange on a serving platter. Make a sauce by deglazing
pan by adding remaining chicken stock. Boil rapidly to slightly reduce
liquid. Pour over chicken. Garnish with fresh mint leaves. Serve with
cooked brown rice. Serves 4 to 6.

This is a group owned by my dear friend Debbie and moderated by my dear
friend, Jackie. For Tried and True recipes, tips and ideas, join this
great group by going to:

mailto:justje-@earthlink.net`
Here's my problem or suggestion, Granny.

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

"Healthy Cuisine".

This discussion group is designed for folks who are eating a healthier
lifestyle and watching carbs, fats, sugars and sodium levels. Whether
you are eating healthier to lose weight, control diabetes or high blood
sugar, or high cholesterol, this is the place for you. Recipes posted
here should be "tried and true" creations that are low in carbs, fats,
sugar and sodium. We don't want low carb recipes that are overloaded
with fat and sugar. We want recipes for healthy dishes the whole family
can enjoy. We now have 300 plus members. This is a very "chatty group"
so please join in the "chit chat". If you don't like a lot of mail, set
your preferences to "daily digest".

To subscribe, send an email to:
mailto:HealthyCuisi-@yahoogroups.com

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

CHELSEA'S CORNER

Woof Woof to all my friends, old and new alike. My name is Chelsea and
me is the resident STAR of "Just Jeanne". Me is 10 years old and am a
gorgeous purebred American Cocker Spaniel with lots of golden curlz. Me
also haz lots of cute freckles on my nose. Me just wuvs to get fan mail
so if you want to drop me a line or two, send it to me at:

Chelsea_-@yahoo.com

Yes, me is probably the only pooch who has her very own email
addy....hee hee hee!!

Me has a new friend, Auntie Theresa, who has some neat groups. Check
them out:

*CuteandFunnyAnimals*
Do you like animals and their antics? Here is the place to go. This is
a family oriented group that has cute and funny animals and animal
related things for the animal lover in you. Give us a try! You will be
glad you did.To subscribe to this group, send an e-mail to:
CuteandFunnyAni-@yahoogroups.com

*GrandparentsRus*
For grandparents and grandparents-to-be. We share pictures, stories,
advice and offer help to each other. We care and we share because
Caring is Sharing.
GrandparentsR-@yahoogroups.com

*JustGarfield4U*
If you love Garfield and his friends, this it the group to join. I send
cartoonz and anything I find with Garfield on it.
JustGarfield-@yahoogroups.com

*TACs ToOnZ and Pix*
This group is for people who like toonz and funny pix. Material here is
ok for kids and those who don't go for adult.
TACs_ToOnZ_and-@yahoogroups.com

Cookie Recipe

Look in cookbook for cookie recipe.
Get cup of coffee.
Get cat off of cookbook.
Find that special recipe.
Get cat's nose out of coffee mug.
Go to fridge and get eggs.
Get dry ingredients from cupboard.
Break eggs in small bowl.
Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
Answer the phone.
Cat ate eggs; get more from fridge.
Get cat out of flour bowl and dust cat off.
Get Band-Aids for scratches on hands.
Throw flour out and get more.
Pre-heat oven for cookies.
Glare at cat with desire to bake cat now.
Watch cat run for cover into bathroom.
Flour the counter to roll out cookie dough.
Run to bathroom to investigate loud crashing sound.
Cat has toilet paper all over floor and your personal bathroom things
have been knocked over on top of the counter.
Yell at cat. Cat falls in toilet bowl.
Take cat out of toilet to dry cat off.
Get bandages to cover more scratches on arms and legs.
Clean up bathroom.
Run to kitchen to see what cat is doing now.
Get cat off floured counter in kitchen.
Try to pick cat hairs out of flour.
Step on cat's tail and get bitten in ankle.
Get coat, car keys, cat, and drive to store to buy cookies.
Squeeze cat through partially open window into a stranger's car at the
store parking lot.
Eat most of the cookies on the way home.

POOCH COOKIES

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/4 cups water
3 cups whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup chopped peanuts

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine
applesauce, egg, peanut butter, vanilla and water. Mix well. Add
flours, corn meal, oats and peanuts and mix well to form a dough. Turn
dough onto a floured surface and knead until thoroughly mixed together.
Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut out shapes. Place on greased
baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on
rack. Makes 30 cookies.

FISHY KITTY DELIGHT

2 eggs
1-2 cups of milk
1 teaspoon of bone meal
2,500 i.u. of Vitamin A
100-200 i.u. of Vitamin E
200mg of Taurine supplement (cat vitamin tablet)
1 teaspoon of fresh raw vegetable
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 can of mackerel or tuna or 1/2 can of white fish
2 slices of brown bread

Blend together eggs milk and supplements. Then mix well with fish and
bread. Serve raw or baked for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Chelsea's "WOOF WOOF ALERT"

Links For Agriculture And Gardens For Kids
http://www.reacheverychild.com/science/agriculture/index.html

NOAA Education Resources - teachers, students, and the general public
can find information about weather, earth and sun, the ocean, coasts,
satellites, fish, protected marine mammals, and climate change.
http://www.education.noaa.gov/

New York City Ballet Is A Very Special World. It Is Filled With Beauty
And History
http://www.nycballet.com/programs/education.html

2005 Hedgehog Coloring Calendar
http://www.janbrett.com/2005_calendar/2005_coloring_calendar.htm

Cool Link For Kids
http://gigglepotz.com/elearning.htm

Printable Worksheets For Kids K-5
http://www.tlsbooks.com/kidspagearchive.htm

On-Line Play Group
http://www.onlineplaygroup.com/

Tools For Math Homework
http://www.mathpost.com/

Elementary Math Lesson Plans
http://www.math-lessons.ca/

Preschool Alphabet Activities
http://www.preschoolrainbow.org/alphabet.htm

Craft Activities
http://www.oum.ox.ac.uk/whatapic/craft.htm

Preschool Library
http://www.storyplace.org/preschool/other.asp

Hand Painted Beads
http://www.handcraftersvillage.com/displayContent.php?sContent=project&iPrId=19

Here's my doggy & kitty recipe, story or joke, Chelsea.
mailto:Chelsea_-@yahoo.com

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

FREE SUBSCRIPTION to a great recipe group hosted by our dear friend,
Beach Boy:

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
"Cooking with Beach Boy"
Some of you might have wondered what happened to "Cooking with Beach
Boy," formerly on About.com. When About.com discontinued their chats,
we found
a new home at YahooGroups. If you'd like to join our fun-loving
group...send an email to:
CookingBeachB-@yahoogroups.com

We're a fun-loving group of cooks and cook-wannabees who exchange
recipes, hints and ideas, and we have a live chat every Sunday evening!
Won't you give us a look-see!

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}

Here is a brand new group from my dear friend, Leigh Ann. I am
co-moderating
this with her and all Canadians are welcome.

Gardening In Canada! This group is for Canadians only. This list is
about gardening
of all types in Canada. Whether you garden on a terrace or balcony or
have herb,
flower and/or vegetable gardens, this list is for you. Canadians
temporarily overseas
and/or in the military are more than welcome as well. It's a place for
fellow Canadians
to share their knowledge, exchange seeds, to promote Canadian Suppliers
and favourite
seed catalogues. SPAM AND FLAMING ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS LIST! Any
violators will be removed from this list. Off topic will be allowed
(within reason) as we
get to know one another.

GardeningInCan-@yahoogroups.ca

{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

FUN STUFF:

This is just too much!!
http://fun/drno.de/flash/BigRedButton.swf

Americana Ribbon Floral Wall hanging
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=e00655&categoryid=52

Americana Bench
http://www.homespirations.com/DELTA/Jun04/Page9.htm

Americana Angel Swag
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=f00146&categoryid

Yo Yo Lapel Pin
http://www.geocities.com/deecraftsalot/YoYoLapelPins.html

Patriotic Candle Jar
http://www.geocities.com/deecraftsalot/PatrioticCandleJar.html

Double Plastic Canvas Hearts
http://www.tsplace.com/html/doublehearted.asp

Wooden Star Garland
http://www.suewarden.com/class/projects/1998/dec-98.htm

Stars and Stripes Yarn Door Wreath
http://www.tallmouse.com/projects/everyday/doorwreath/index.htm

Fire Crackers
http://www.tallmouse.com/projects/everyday/fcracker/index.htm

Patriotic Sam
http://www.renuzitcrafts.com/projects/project_sheet.cfm?projects_id=30

Patriotic Bell Wind Chime
http://www.craftmartaz.com/review/may03chime.htm

Patriotic Placemats
http://www.kidsandcrafts.com/july005.shtml

Patriotic Watermelon
http://www.kidsandcrafts.com/ff057a.shtml

Outdoor Party Luminaries
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=23068&categoryid

Americana Pitcher and Glasses
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=e00887&categoryid

Americana Holiday Swag
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=f00145&categoryid

Stars and Stripes Afghan
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=e00929&categoryid

Clay God Bless America Angel Pin
http://www.sculpey.com/Projects/projects_PatrioticAngelPin.htm

Let Freedom Ring Wind Chimes
http://hometown.aol.com/crochetalong/freering.html

Patriotic Peek-a-boo Wreath
http://bhg.com/bhg/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/bhg/story/data/patrioticpeekaboo_09242001.xml&catref=cat290056Get

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

FREE subscription to a great newsletter from my friend, Linda:

Recipe Goldmine Recipe & Craft Exchange
A great place to share your favorite recipes
and crafts, Gardening with Gary, .household
hints and much more!

It's FREE to join...GO TO:
http://www.recipegoldmine.com
You can go here to read the current newsletter:
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/archives/092004.html

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

Laugh or Cry:

I feel so blessed to know both of these authors. Phyllis and Janet are
very close personal friends of mine. Janet's cover photo was taken by
my dear and very talented friend, Carolyn (Wolfieeee) Whitehead.

"A Journey from Pain to Love"- Phyllis Jankowiak

A Journey from Pain to Love is a story of new way people have learned to
come together for support that has never been told before. After
becoming part of this self-created family, I discovered that hope and
love cannot only ease pain and loneliness, they can spread like a
wildfire that can give hope to all who come there, and give life back to
the dying and hopeless. This is a real family, not ordinary in any way.
We loved, cried, laughed and comforted each other in a place no one can
see. Medicine knows touch can heal, and now our Creator has found us a
new way to touch. Some might call it technical, when in fact a miracle.
We found each other in cyberspace.

[$16.95]
ISBN: 1-4137-5122-9, 184 pages, 6 x 9
http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?catalogid=8721

"Seasons of Thanks" - Janet Keith

Seasons of Thanks is a heartwarming, often funny, detailed account of
our family's traditional Thanksgiving get-together and annual deer hunt.
Set within the outer context of Thanksgiving on the farm, the guys in
our family (with various friends) get together for their real "reason
for the season." This "reason" would be the annual quest for "Bubba,
the biggest, meanest, snortingest deer anyone has ever seen. "
Outsmarting oneself-er, I mean outsmarting Bubba-requires a full year of
planning, plotting, and mapping for our guys. It also means a family
tradition that can bring a bit of stability into our hectic and rushed
lives.

[$9.95]
ISBN: 1-4137-6937-3, 48 pages, 6 x 9
http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?catalogid=8785

What do you get if you put two banana peels together?
A pair of slippers!

Why didn't the frog sit on the toadstool?
Because there wasn't mushroom!

Where does Friday come before Thursday?
In the dictionary!

How do fish travel to work?
In carp pools!

Why isn't your nose 12 inches long?
Because then it would be a foot!

How do you find your way around a dark castle?
Use a knight light!

What is a vampires favorite dog?
A bloodhound!

How do you cut a wave?
With a sea saw!

mailto:justje-@earthlink.net
Here's my joke or story!

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

"PUTTING UP" With Jeanne

ANNOUNCEMENT: our canning discussion group is in full swing with 750
plus members worldwide and based on some of the member profiles, our
combined canning experience is more than 1,000 years. Several of our
members are "newbies" who have joined to learn the right way to can. We
also have several Master Food Preservers among our membership. We are
sharing recipes and discussing correct procedures and are having loads
of fun. We are unique in that we only promote current USDA approved
methods of home canning. Co-moderator, Jackie, and I invite you to join
us:

"Creative Canning Cuisine"
CreativeCanningC-@yahoogroups.com

A great source of canning supplies can be found by visiting:
www.homecanningsupply.com
Myra, the owner, is a Master Food Preserver and the firm ships worldwide

JEANNE'S APRICOT AND ALMOND CHUTNEY

4 cups cider vinegar
4 cups granulated sugar or Splenda
48 apricots, pitted and chopped finely
8 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped finely
4 large red onions, peeled and chopped
5-6 hot peppers, seeded and chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 large oranges
4 lemons
1 cup peeled and finely chopped gingerroot
4 teaspoons fine sea salt
1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 cups golden yellow raisins
2 cups roughly chopped almonds
4 teaspoons ground ginger

Pour vinegar into a large stockpot. Add sugar or Splenda and stir.
Increase the heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for 5
minutes. Halve, pit and chop apricots. Core, seed and chop bell peppers
and hot peppers. Peel and chop onions and garlic. Finely chop the
whole orange and lemon, including the peel and pitch. Finely chop the
peeled gingerroot. Add prepared fruits and vegetables and chopped mint
to the vinegar mixture together with the ginger, salt and raisins.
Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes. Add
almonds and ground ginger. Simmer for 30 minutes longer, stirring
frequently, or until the chutney has reduced and thickened. Ladle into
sterilized jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe rims. Cap and seal.
Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Yield: 8 pints. Like any
chutney, store in a cool dark place and allow to sit for 8-10 weeks so
that flavors will marry.

Another recipe you can make healthier by substituting Splenda for the
sugar.

JEANNE'S APRICOT RAISIN CONSERVE

2 pounds dried apricot halves, coarsely chopped
2 cups golden yellow raisins
juice and grated rind of 2 lemons
2 cups orange juice
4 cups granulated sugar or Splenda
1 pouch (3 ounces ) liquid pectin

Place the apricots and raisins in a bowl and add hot water to cover.
Cover the bowl tightly and let it stand overnight. Put the apricots,
raisins, soaking liquid, lemon juice and rind, and orange juice into a
large stockpot. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about
20-25 minutes. Add the sugar or Splenda and continue cooking over
medium heat, stirring constantly, until fruits get soft and mixture
starts to thicken. Add pectin, bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute.
Ladle into sterilized jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe rims. Cap
and seal. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Yield: 7-8
half-pints.

Another yummy recipe you can make healthier by substituting Splenda for
the sugar.

JEANNE'S PINEAPPLE STRAWBERRY DELIGHT

1 pound hulled and sliced strawberries
2-1/3 cups crushed pineapple with juice
5 cups granulated sugar or Splenda
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 (3 ounce) package liquid pectin

In as large stockpot, combine strawberries and pineapple with juice.
Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring frequently. Stir in the sugar
or Splenda, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Bring to a boil, over high
heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 15 minutes until mixture starts to
thicken, stirring constantly. Add the pectin. Bring to a rolling boil
and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Ladle into sterilized jars
leaving 1/4 inch head space. Remove air bubbles with a plastic stirrer.
Wipe rims. Cap and seal. Process in a water bath canner for 10
minutes. Yields 8-9 half-pint jars.

This is an unusual pickle that makes a yummy side dish. The addition of
the fresh dill weed really perks up the blandness of the eggplant. You
can make it healthier by using Splenda instead of the honey.

JEANNE'S PICKLED EGGPLANT

6 eggplants, peeled and cut into thick sticks 2 inches long
2 medium onions, peeled and coarsely chopped.
1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
1/2 teaspoon white peppercorns
4 springs fresh dill weed, chopped
1 stick cinnamon (1 inch long)
3-1/2 cups red wine vinegar
1/2 cup honey or Splenda
1 cup water

Boil eggplants and onions in water for 5 minutes, drain and plunge into
ice water and drain again. Place allspice, cinnamon and peppercorns in
spice bag( in cheesecloth or tea ball) and cook with vinegar, honey or
Splenda and water to boiling. Simmer until syrup is thick. Add
eggplant, dill weed and onions and heat through. Remove spice bag and
ladle into sterilized jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Remove air
bubbles. Wipe rims. Cap and seal. Process in water bath for 15
minutes. Makes 5 to 6 pints.

Canning Links: Just a reminder, a very long list of canning links is
always available on my web site. I guarantee that this will keep you
busy for weeks. Check it out:

http://home.earthlink.net/~maackjeanne/canninglinks.html

mailto:justje-@earthlink.net
Here's my canning recipe, Jeanne.

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

"JUST JEANNE'S" Favorite Links:

A favorite link of ours to a fantastic Website created by Kieto
Valentino, one of the most talented people we know. "JUST JEANNE" is
now a permanent Link Partner. Check this site out often...it keeps
getting bigger and better all the time....go Kieto!

Kieto's Daily Recipe and FuNnIeS
http://www.kieto.com/

Subscribe to Kieto's publication:
mailto:kietosrecip-@topica.com

Here is another of our favorite links.....LynnLynn's Links....always
something for everyone:
lynnlynns-lin-@egroups.com

Domestic violence is a seldom-discussed issue among Christians.
Wingshelter is a place for Christian women to find support and help with
abuse that is going on or has gone in a relationship. We do not bash
men but help each other to overcome the hurt that is there. It is a
restricted group for Christian women.

To join, send an email to:
mailto:Wingshelter-@yahoogroups.com

An excellent non-profit site that takes cares of ill animals:
www.oscarssanctuary.org
If you click on the link below, it will automatically take you to the
"Friends" page where Chelsea and her late cousin, Cheech, have their
picture. Now all of you can see what Chelsea looks like.
http://www.oscarssanctuary.org/Friends/friends.html

A good place to order homemade dog treats.
http://www.spoiledcanine.com

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

Reader's Comments or Recipe Requests:

^^^reader, Evelyn, wrote:

Hello Jeanne. I so look forward to Sunday when your newsletter shows up
in my inbox. Thanks so much for all you share with me and all your
other fans. I made your healthy pineapple dream recipe for a party I
had to bring a potluck dish to. It got rave reviews! Everyone wanted
the recipe so I had to send it to 20 email addresses. I put your "JJ"
link at the bottom and told them if they wanted more yummy recipes, they
had to subscribe. Hugs, Evelyn^^^

[Evelyn, thanks for the note. Glad the recipe was a hit and I don't
mind you sharing. Thanks for sharing my link. Always looking for new
readers.]

^^^reader, Doreen, wrote:

Jeanne, this note is very overdue. Several issues back, you shared your
recipe for healthy sweet and sour chicken. A group of friends and I get
together every month for a progressive dinner. Not sure you know what
that is. We start at one friend's home and have some appetizers, then
off to the next home for salad, another for the main course, and the
fourth for dessert and coffee. As there are 24 members in our little
"club", each of us only hosts twice a year and for one part of the
dinner. The theme for our last progressive dinner was Chinese and I had
the main course. I wanted something different than Chop Suey and this
recipe was perfect. Thanks for sharing. Love; Doreen^^^

[Doreen, thanks for sharing. I do know what progressive dinners are and
these were popular when I was growing up. They always were fun because
everyone tried to outdo one another with making their dish special.
Glad my recipe turned out for you and your friends.]

[Editor's Note: send us your comments or recipe requests:]

mailto:justje-@earthlink.net
Here's my comment or recipe request.

<><><><><><><><><> "JUST JEANNE" <><><><><><><><><>

See you next week with more recipes, reader contributions, suggestions,
and questions! Thanks everyone. Keep those e-mails filling my inbox.
This is your e-zine.
mailto:justje-@earthlink.net

HELP US GROW... Don't keep something this much fun all to yourself!
Feel free to forward this issue intact to your family and friends.
Please keep this trailer intact so they can subscribe too!   "JUST
JEANNE" is a FREE e-zine. Issues are published weekly. We claim no
copyright on any recipe, story or poem published in "JUST JEANNE" unless
otherwise noted.   "JUST JEANNE" as a whole is Copyright (c) 2005 Jeanne
Maack. All Rights Reserved.

To Subscribe: Send a blank e-mailto:
mailto:justjeanne4-@topica.com

Subscribe to "JUST JEANNE" NOW!   Encourage your family and friends to
get their own personal copy by subscribing too!

To Unsubscribe: Send a blank e-mail to:
mailto:justjeanne49-@topica.com
We'll all cry if you do and what do you do with a weepy doggy?

Privacy Policy: Your Privacy is our business. Your email address
and/or any other personal information will not be published or released
to any outside entity under ANY circumstances. Questions answered or
comments given by Granny are for entertainment purposes only. The
publisher, "JUST JEANNE", and respective staff will not be liable for
any or all incidents, problems or misfortunes that may result from such.
Any duplication through electronic or print means without prior consent
from the publisher is not allowed. Exception: Feel free to forward
this e-zine to your family and friends fully intact.

<><><> "JUST JEANNE" Volume 116 (Monday, 4-25-05)<><><>