Welcome Guest!
 JUSTJEANNE
Recipe Correction  justjeanne49
 Jul 10, 2005 16:44 PDT

Sorry I goofed when I retyped one of my healthy recipes. Please use
this one.

Love and hugs,

jeanne

This is a variation on a favorite casserole recipe Mom used to make.
You could make this one in an electric roaster.

JEANNE'S HEALTHY CHICKEN CASSEROLE

2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized
pieces
1 pound instant brown rice
2 cans (10-1/4oz) Campbell's 98% fat-free Cream of Mushroom Soup plus 2
cans water
2 (4 ounce) cans slice mushrooms, drained
1 pound reduced fat Velveeta Cheese, cut into small one-inch cubes
1 pound frozen broccoli
3 tablespoons margarine
1 cup reduced fat grated Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pound turkey bacon cut into half-inch pieces
1 teaspoon French Tarragon (or your favorite herb)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked
chicken, rice, mushrooms, frozen broccoli, margarine, garlic, Parmesan
cheese, Velveeta cheese, tarragon (or your favorite herb) and black
pepper. Cut turkey bacon into half-inch pieces. Add to mixing bowl and
stir well. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together two cans of cream
of mushroom soup with two cans cold water until smooth and creamy. Mix
into rice mixture until well-combined. Spray a baking pan with cooking
spray. Ladle mixture into pan. Cover with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes until rice is cooked. This
freezes well and recipe can be doubled.