Welcome Guest!
 kek-list
Fwd: Funding Opportunity: NFF Wilderness Stewardship Challenge  Neal W. Chapman
 Nov 29, 2012 16:43 PST

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Funding Opportunity: NFF Wilderness Stewardship Challenge
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 23:48:25 -0000
From: National Forest Foundation <zmaum-@nationalforests.org>
To: woodland-@gmail.com

If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online
<http://e2.ma/message/8g6yh/840m7g>.

Share This: <http://e2.ma/share/outbound/e/8g6yh/840m7g>
National Forest Foundation | Resources for people who care for our
National Forests and Grasslands <http://e2.ma/click/8g6yh/840m7g/8wmywc>
*Funding Opportunity *
*Please Distribute*

*Grants Available to Advance National Forest Wilderness Stewardship *
The National Forest Foundation is pleased to announce the release of its
Request for Proposals for the 2013 Wilderness Stewardship Challenge
award program. Grants of up to $35,000 will be provided to nonprofit
partners interested in implementing projects that advance the U.S.
Forest Service 10-Year Wilderness Stewardship Challenge through
strategic on-the-ground and monitoring tasks.
Enacted in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Wilderness Act in
2004, the USFS 10-Year Wilderness Stewardship Challenge calls for all
Wilderness Areas in the National Forest System designated 2004 and
earlier to meet baseline management standards by 2014. To meet this
standard, Wilderness Areas are measured on 10 specific strategic
stewardship elements and must achieve 60 out of a possible 100 points.
As of the end of Fiscal Year 2012 only 297 of 406 Wilderness areas
designated 2004 and earlier meet this standard. The NFF, as the official
nonprofit partner of the Forest Service, has increased the resources
available to meet this challenge. The NFF will make grants to nonprofit
partners to implement projects that support this program in Forest
Service Wilderness Areas.
Proposals are due hard copy on or before January 23, 2012.
To learn more, please visit
http://www.nationalforests.org/conserve/grantprograms/ontheground/wilderness
<http://e2.ma/click/8g6yh/840m7g/opnywc>

*Questions or Comments? We’d love to hear from you:*
Building 27, Suite 3 Fort Missoula Rd. | Missoula, MT 59804
Email: hd-@nationalforests.org <mailto:hd-@nationalforests.org> |
Website: www.nationalforests.org <http://e2.ma/click/8g6yh/840m7g/4hoywc>

<http://e2.ma/click/8g6yh/840m7g/kapywc>
<http://e2.ma/click/8g6yh/840m7g/02pywc>
<http://e2.ma/click/8g6yh/840m7g/gvqywc>

This email was sent to *woodland-@gmail.com*. To ensure that you
continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or
safe list.

*manage*
<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/57368/33786/418819066/?v=a>
your preferences | *opt out*