Welcome Guest!
 Kriegies
Re: POW Diaries  Gattman
 Dec 10, 2008 12:43 PST

 I intend to write a narrative account in the "based on actual events"
style of historical fiction. The more I >>learn about others'
experiences, the more gaps I can fill in and the closer I can get to
getting the story historically accurate.

Best of luck with your research and project.   It would be interesting and
relevant to know what differences existed between the experience of an
officer, a sergeant or a private or corporal in the ETO POW experiences.
The enlisted airmen were made sergeants so that if they were shot down they
would get better treatment per Geneva conventions. A corporal might have had
a tougher time.

I hope you are all having a wonderful and peaceful December.

-Chris Gattman