Welcome Guest!
 Vision news
=?windows-1252?Q?Holiday_Greetings_and_more=85plus_new_poem?=  Beverly Nadler
 Aug 31, 2013 16:14 PDT
Dear Family, Friends and Subscribers,

The Holiday Greetings are for Americans celebrating Labor Day and for people everywhere who celebrate the Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah).
In spite of it's religious roots, the Jewish New Year is not just for Jews. (Curious? Read on and you will understand)

The "more" has to do with the New Moon on Thursday. Everything in our human experience is made up of energy and vibrations -- and the powerful vibrations from the cosmos at this time (and 2 days before and 2 days after) gives you exceptional support from the Universe. But before I tell you more about how to make the most of this very significant time...

Here's a little trivia about Labor Day (in case you're interested <smile>). It's a U.S. Federal Holiday designated to commemorate the contributions that American workers have made to the country's growth and prosperity. It was first celebrated in New York City in 1882. The holiday was also meant to insure that workers had a day off. Interestingly, it is the 2nd busiest day of the year for retail businesses -- which insures that retailers don't have the day off. People celebrate Labor Day with parades, picnics and barbecues. It marks the return to school, and the end of the summer in most people's minds, even though the summer season is not officially over until Sept. 21.

About Rosh Hashanah -- and this is definitely not trivia. The Jewish New Year takes place in the 7th month of the Hebrew Calendar (called Teishrei) because it is believed that this is the anniversary of the creation of the first human being. The Jewish year begins with focusing on the awesome nature of humanity, because Jewish tradition teaches that God began with one person to teach us about the fantastic potential inherent in each of us. Another view is that it is the month in which God created the world!

Whether it is the anniversary of the first human being or the birthdate of the world, Rosh Hashanah is a time of introspection. According to the Zohar, the spiritual text of Kabbalah (Jewish mysticism), Rosh Hashanah was never meant to be only for Jews; it is for all of humanity. It is a time each year when we mentally review and "repent" (regret or are conscience-stricken about) something done or not done the previous year. It is a time to ask ourselves, "What can I do to be more of who I really am, to fulfill my potential?" "How can I contribute to make the world a better place?"

Now, about the New Moon. It's a POWERFUL time to set forth your intentions, and there is a high probability that you will create and attract what you want. New Moon energy is always very powerful, but when it coincides with Rosh Hashanah, it is even more powerful because of the massive amount of "energy" that is being released. In addition to the cosmic vibrations, some of that energy are prayers, meditations and serious reflection of millions of people, and some of it is energy released by the blowing of the Shofar (an instrument made of a ram's horn). The Shofar blasts 100 times on the 2 days of Rosh Hashanah, and these blasts are said to blast through negativity, thus clearing the way for more positive energy and positive human experiences.

Rituals are very common on the New Moon. Lighting a candle, clearing energy with Sage, writing down your intentions, doing New Moon meditations (use google to find many; choose what appeals to you.)

Are rituals necessary? Maybe not - BUT rituals strongly affect and influence the subconscious mind. And since most of our thoughts, behaviors and emotions are dictated by our subconscious (not our conscious mind), creating and doing some rituals during this (and every) New Moon can be very beneficial.

Here's the poem -I couldn't find a suitable poem on this subject in my Poetry file, so this morning I wrote the one that follows. Hope you enjoy it!

Love,
Beverly

NOW IS THE TIME…
Beverly Nadler ©2013

So there are mistakes you’ve made
That you want to forget
Actions you’ve taken
That you regret

People you hurt because
You were unkind
Things you didn’t see
Because you were blind

Times you fretted
Instead of being content
Money you wasted
And shouldn’t have spent.

Ah, the human experience
Is like being in a fire
Fueled by our many
Compulsions and desires

Now you’re concerned
“The piper must be paid”
And you will be punished
For the errors you made.

Fear not, my friend --
The Universe is kind
You just have to know
How to use your mind

Everything is energy
Not limited by time and space
Use the power of your mind
And go to each unwanted place

When you sincerely repent
After giving honest reflection,
With your powerful mind
You can make your corrections.

When you release past flaws and judgments
Through thoughtful contemplation
You will begin
A new train of causation

NOW is the time
To let go of the past --
Set positive new intentions
And free yourself at last!

Hear me every Thursday on www.joycebarrieandfriends.com
Listen to "Joyce Barrie & Friends" #1 internet radio show, weekdays 11:00AM Eastern
Beverly Nadler, Speaker, Author, Reprogramming Coach
Books: www.vibrationalharmonybook.com www.lovingthegameoflife.com
Newsletter: send blank email to liveyourvisionnew-@topica.com
Websites: www.beverlynadler.com    www.breakthroughhealth.net
203-373-1943