Welcome Guest!
 Mach-II CF
Re: Difference Between Filters and Listener Methods  Paul Kenney
 Sep 15, 2004 09:18 PDT

While you can modify the current event object within a listener, you
cannot halt the execution of the current event handler in a listener.
You also cannot clear the event queue from within a listener. Besides
the imposed differences in capabilities, they are also intended for
different purposes. Listeners tend to focus on interacton between the
event handler and the model, while filters tend to focus on
interaction between the event handler and the controller.

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:35:49 +0000, Jamie Jackson <junx-@hotmail.com> wrote:
 I want to make sure I'm clear on the difference. Is the difference that
filters (exclusively) modify the event?

If we didn't have filters, couldn't we accomplish the same things in our
listeners? What would be the drawbacks?

What are the other distinctions?

If this is in the documentation, and I missed it, please point me to it?

Thanks,
Jamie

--
Paul Kenney