Welcome Guest!
 Mach-II CF
Is there anyway to lock and entire event?  Mark Mandel
 Nov 15, 2006 17:53 PST

This may be more of an enhancement request, but -

Basically there are some events in out system which I would like to be
able to lock down to being only single threads. (i,e. synchronized)

The classic example being deletion of certain items from the database
actually has to do a lot of processing to get all the child items,
delete them, etc etc.

If two threads are run on the same object to be deleted at the same
time, or mid process, it can cause all sorts of weirdness to occur.

Is there anyway I can do something like:

<event-handler event="deleteThisThing" synchronised="true">
..
</event-handler>

Cheers,

Mark