Welcome Guest!
 massbike
[Fwd: Meeting tonight with DCR on Lower Falls Bridge project]  Andrew M. Fischer
 Aug 19, 2009 08:11 PDT

This footbridge is part of a proposed bikepath that will lead from old
Grossman's in Wellesley to Riverside station. It is a major modal
transp. link that local Newton NIMBYs are opposing.

I know the notice is late but some bicyclist turnout would be great.

Andrew M. Fischer

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Meeting tonight with DCR on Lower Falls Bridge project
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:42:51 -0400
From: Kay Khan <kayk-@comcast.net>
To: 'Sean Roche' <sean.-@gmail.com>, 'George and Lori Kirby'
<george-@verizon.net>, Harris Gordon <Harriss-@aol.com>, 'tessa
gordon' <frugo-@gmail.com>, <afis-@jasonandfischer.com>

FYI -
-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Chapman [mailto:ehcha-@verizon.net]
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 9:57 AM
To: Newton Lower Falls
Subject: [nlf] For those who missed this announcement of DCR meeting

DCR HOSTS PUBLIC MEETING ON THE DESIGN
OF NEWTON LOWER FALLS PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE APPROACHES

WHAT:           The Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) will
hold a public meeting to seek community input on the design for the
approaches at each end of DCR¹s Lower Falls (³Trestle²) Bridge.

As part of the 2008 Partnerships Matching Funds Program, a group of Newton
and Wellesley nonprofit groups committed $12,000, which was matched by DCR,
to fund a concept study and design effort for the restoration of the bridge
approaches.

DCR is creating a footbridge from the Lower Falls Bridge, which is a former
railroad bridge.

WHEN:           Wednesday
                        August 19, 2009
                        6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.

WHERE:         Lower Falls Community Center Gym
                        545 Grove Street
                        Newton Lower Falls

###

The Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR), an agency
of the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, oversees
450,000 acres of parks and forests, beaches, bike trails, watersheds, dams,
and parkways. Led by Commissioner Richard K. Sullivan Jr., the agency¹s
mission is to protect, promote, and enhance our common wealth of natural,
cultural, and recreational resources. To learn more about DCR, our
facilities, and our programs, please visit www.mass.gov/dcr
<http://www.mass.gov/dcr> . Contact us at mass.-@state.ma.us.

Ted
--