Welcome Guest!
 Science Lessons
12/30/01 - Lesson of the Week #23 - Great Gravity!  Lesson of the Week
 Dec 29, 2001 19:36 PST
Hi everyone,

The New Year is almost here! Are you ready for 2002? Remember that
whole Y2K scare? But anyway.....

Here is a fun gravity lesson from T. Trimpe's web site, sciencespot.net.
Here is the description:

"During this activity, students explore the gravitational force of other
planets and the moon. Before the lab you will need to set up several
safe "jumping" areas or choose an outdoor location. I instruct my
students that they may take only one step before each jump. The
follow-up assignment challenges students to create questions about the
lab for their classmates.

Another version of this lab is completed in the 8th grade classes ...
students analyze super balls, tennis balls, and basketballs to determine
how high they would bounce on various planets in our solar system."

Here is the lesson in a PDF version:
http://www.sciencespot.net/Media/gravlab.pdf

Here is the same lesson in the HTML version:
http://www.sciencespot.net/Pages/greatgrav.html

Happy New Year and best wishes for 2002!
Liz
http://www.middleschoolscience.com

To view previous lesson plans of the week, you can go to:
http://www.topica.com/lists/middleschoolscience.com/read

Be sure to always print out the lessons and file them, you never know
when you just might need one!
Please feel free to forward this lesson to fellow science teachers. Its
FREE!