Welcome Guest!
 MLL
Do you know how to communicate with your Deaf and Hard of Hearing Patron  Norma Layton
 Dec 19, 2005 19:13 PST

I began learning Sign Language as part of my concentration in Library
and Information Services. On one my recent trips back to the Bay Area I
noticed that OPL did not have many visual materials on how to learn ASL.
So the question I have, how were other libraries communicated or
provided acces the Deaf and Hard of Hearing?

“How to Talk to a Person Who Can’t Hear.” is a great video to teach your
or your patrons how to communicate with a person who can't hear or is
hard of hearing. I would recommend it as part of your collection.The
following link discusses it more:

http://www.signlanguagevideo.com

Please let me know if you are interested or if you know of other
libraries that may be interested in it.

Thank you,

Norma