Welcome Guest!
 MoBikeFed-Chat
Re: Introductions  bob.f-@stlbikefed.org
 Nov 21, 2002 07:23 PST
Hi folks -- Bob Foster, daily bike commuter, and long distance enthusiast.
Chair of the St. Louis Regional Bike Federation and Mo Bike Fed. If you want
more bio info or more importantly, bike pictures or ride reports, visit
http://www.grannygear.us/author.htm, named for a legendary homebrew.

Also, a bit of action alerts. First, St. Louis City will be considering
implementation of signing and striping the Bike St. Louis project (20 miles,
onstreet, downtown) within the next few weeks. You can check out the DRAFT
signage here http://www.stlbikefed.org/signs.pdf

Second, one of our weeklies ran a really nice article on bike advocacy
http://www.stlbikefed.org/news.pdf The pdf file is large, and not really
clear, but it's a nice summary. We hear the Post Dispatch is workingon a
similar piece.

Finally, Ted Curtis of Trailnet and I did a phone interview with America
Bike and LAB's lobbyist yesterday. Among our tasks, identify cyclists who
have connections to Bond, Graves and the rest of the congressional
delegation. As TEA-3 rolls around, we'll need the support of our reps. Also,
if anyone is interested in compiling/hosting a legislative alert email list
that would be great and incredibly valuable.

Bob "I wish I had time to brew more grannygear!" Foster