Welcome Guest!
 MoBikeFed-Chat
CALL NOW: Tell your Senator to support cloture on MAP-21 by
11am CT today!
 Brent Hugh
 Mar 06, 2012 07:36 PST
FYI, vote today for cloture on the Senate Transportation Bill,
MAP-21, at 11am Central time.

Senator Blunt is our swing vote, and calls to his office between now
and 11am could make a difference.

   Senator Blunt: (202) 224-5721
   Suggested message: "Please vote in support of MAP-21 today".

The new version of MAP-21 that they are voting on today includes the
key bicycle/pedestrian provisions that we have been working so hard
for over the past several months.

More information:

http://t4america.org/blog/2012/03/05/senate-improves-their-bill-with-three-key-amendments-but-crucial-vote-looms/

http://dc.streetsblog.org/2012/03/05/tomorrows-key-vote-on-senate-transpo-bill-could-go-either-way/

--Brent
dire-@mobikefed.org

 Subject: CALL NOW: Tell your Senator to support cloture on MAP-21 by noon ET
today!

[]

T4 Update: PARTNERS
space

Dear T4 Partners,

We've had some big victories in the last few days, but we need you
again right now to keep the Senate's proposal moving.

A "cloture" vote to move the Senate's transportation
reauthorization bill forward has been tentatively scheduled for
only a few hours from now at noon Eeastern Time, and we need your
help to ensure that the Senate clears this hurdle and moves the bill
toward final passage.

<http://action.smartgrowthamerica.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=apBWYjRFILGy%2BrKDBQZzRQM9VV05kz1o>Can
you call your Senate offices today and ask them to vote YES for
cloture on MAP-21?

As we told you last night, the revisions Majority Leader Reid has
negotiated with the committee chairs and ranking members have
significantly strengthened the Senate transportation authorization
bill and have earned T4 America's support. We will continue to look
for ways to strengthen the bill, but you can
<http://action.smartgrowthamerica.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=3I7dKxgPAHEFin%2B%2BSawBC6yWMfE%2F4OTA>read
more about the changes on our blog.

Thank you so much for all your hard work to make these crucial
changes to the bill. Senate offices definitely got the message. Call
your Senators NOW to ensure that they continue to hear the message
and move the bill toward final passage. And urge your members and
supporters to do the same if you can.

Sincerely,
James Corless
Director, Transportation for America
space

space

[]

space

space

space

In This Update

Join T4 in supporting the Senate's MAP-21 transportation reauthorization bill
[]

Important Dates

March 6: Senate cloture vote scheduled (noon ET)

March 31: SAFETEA-LU extension expires
[]

More Information

Access the coalition website

To access the coalition website, visit
http://coalition.t4america.org. Username: t4apartner Password: tea4usa08
[]

Recent reports

Dangerous by Design

<http://action.smartgrowthamerica.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=Clv8jdOXj1E2CDok%2F4nergM9VV05kz1o>
[]

Seniors and Transit

<http://action.smartgrowthamerica.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=9VvHiDKqsh%2Fbb5GANmdG7QM9VV05kz1o>
[]

[]

You're receiving email from T4 at dire-@mobikefed.org because
you're a member of the Transportation for America coalition. To
unsubscribe, contact your T4 field contact or send a message to
heather-@t4america.org

To ensure delivery and proper formatting, please add
IN-@T4AMERICA.ORG to your email address book or whitelist.

Transportation for America // 1707 L Street NW Suite 250 //
Washington, DC 20036 // 202-955-5543

The Missouri Bicycle and Pedestrian Federation is a statewide
coalition of bicyclists, walkers, runners, trail organizations and
related businesses which represents over 30,000 Missourians and
advocates on behalf of the state's two million ardent bicyclists and
six million walkers.

Join MoBikeFed's advocacy alert network:

http://mobikefed.org/email.php#announce

Dr. Brent Hugh, LCI #1335
Executive Director
Missouri Bicycle and Pedestrian Federation
Dire-@MoBikeFed.org
Phone: 816-695-6736
Fax: 210-579-2265
www.MoBikeFed.org