Welcome Guest!
 morgue at large
The Scenic Southwest of Ireland  Morgan Davie
 Oct 18, 2004 02:20 PDT

It really is very scenic.

We drove the Dingle peninsula and the Ring of Kerry in the last two days.
Both could benefit from many more days than one each. Very, very pretty.

In a way, the scenery reminded me of New Zealand, in its severity and beauty
- but it was completely different, because it was so much older.
Geologically, NZ is young and fresh. Ireland is geriatric. The difference
is obvious, when you see the different landscapes, the way rock lies along
the coasts, the way vegetation has settled in. Yeah, it is marvellous.

Haven't really had any amusing encounters over the last few days, so I'll
invent one. We met a leprechaun! He said begorrah and puffed on his pipe
and when I tried to grab him he disappeared! It was very traditional,
except he stole my wallet and passport and shopped my identity to Mossad.
Oh well. (Note: that was the invented encounter, that one.)

Roysh. It is daylight and there's a whole bunch of scenery that needs
looking at. Cheerio!

~`morgue

Need more speed? Get Xtra JetStream @ http://xtra.co.nz/jetstream