Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 659 Reflections on Alma 12:32, Abraham 3:24-26 and D&C 59:3-4  Tom
 Sep 18, 2013 18:30 PDT

Alma 12:32
32 Therefore God gave unto them commandments, after having made
known unto them the plan of redemption, that they should not do
evil, the penalty thereof being a second death, which was an
everlasting death as to things pertaining unto righteousness; for
on such the plan of redemption could have no power, for the works
of justice could not be destroyed, according to the supreme
goodness of God.
Abraham 3:24-26.
And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto
those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and
we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these
may dwell;
And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things
whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them;
And they who keep their first estate shall be added upon; and they who
keep not their first estate shall not have glory in the same kingdom
with those who keep their first estate; and they who keep their second
estate shall have glory added upon their heads for ever and ever.
Doctrine and Covenants 59:3 and 4:
Yea, blessed are they whose feet stand upon the land of Zion, who have
obeyed my gospel; for they shall receive for their reward the good
things of the earth, and it shall bring forth in its strength.
And they shall also be crowned with blessings from above, yea, and with
commandments not a few, and with revelations in their time—they that are
faithful and diligent before me.

Sonnet 659 Reflections on Alma 12:32, Abraham 3:24-26 and D&C 59:3-4
by Tom Matkin
There's life itself, and love and heaven's grace
There's almost endless gifts from God in fact
So much is given to the human race
No listing could be full or be exact.

But here's a few we notice from the writ
Such things as faith and prophesy and tongues
Administration, knowledge and those fit
To teach and serve and lead; the chosen ones.

And some can mighty miracles perform
And heal or give a blessing as a right
For others being healed or blessed's the norm
And gifts of mercy frequently delight.

But one gift really impacts all we do
The gift of God's commandments, not a few.