Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 660 Reflections on Alma 12:33  Tom
 Sep 19, 2013 05:59 PDT

Alma 12:33
33 But God did call on men, in the name of his Son, (this being
the plan of redemption which was laid) saying: If ye will repent
and harden not your hearts, then will I have mercy upon you,
through mine Only Begotten Son;

Sonnet 660 Reflections on Alma 12:33
by Tom Matkin

The history is simple to be told
Creation, fall, probation, death and then
Atonement's resurrection can unfold
So judgment can in mercy meet with men.

The doctrine just as simple to explain
We're sinful prone in our probation state
And must be cleansed to live with God again
With Christ employing mercy at the gate.

The future's just as simple as the past
Repent and soften up your stony heart
And reconcile your life from first to last
To claim what only mercy can impart.

And hearken to that sweet and tender call
That Father and the Son extend to all.