Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 662 Reflections on Alma 12:35  Tom
 Sep 21, 2013 18:36 PDT

Alma 12:35
35 And whosoever will harden his heart and will do iniquity,
behold, I swear in my wrath that he shall not enter into my rest.

Sonnet 662 Reflections on Alma 12:35
by Tom Matkin

The rocks may move in terrible display
Of quakes and shakes and slides and such
And lava may expose its fiery way
Of burning everything within its touch.

And sleet and wicked freezing blizzards blow
And wind and smoke and hail and ice and rain
And drought and flood and cold and blowing snow
Expressions of a world in violent pain.

And add the misery of plagues and pests
Disease and war and cruelty and hate
Betrayal sharply multiplies the tests
That mark the worst of life in this estate.

And all of this I thoughtfully surmise:
Far less than what the wrath of God implies.