Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 664 Reflections on Alma 12:37  Tom
 Sep 23, 2013 06:48 PDT

Alma 12:37
37 And now, my brethren, seeing we know these things, and they
are true, let us repent, and harden not our hearts, that we
provoke not the Lord our God to pull down his wrath upon us in
these his second commandments which he has given unto us; but let
us enter into the rest of God, which is prepared according to his
word.

Sonnet 664 Reflections on Alma 12:37
by Tom Matkin

There's something quite unequalled in this book
A thing you almost never see elsewhere
But here it's almost everywhere you look
Something the writers frequently declare.

Their witness stated clear and brave and strong
That what they've taught is factual and true
And not just something fictional or wrong
Assuring us that these are things they knew.

It's just as if they saw the doubt and scorn
That anti-Christs would heap upon this book
And wanting to defend, exhort and warn
They hung their witness squarely on the hook.

And Alma passes here with... “they are true”
Accountability to me and you.