Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 665 Reflections on Enos 1:13  Tom
 Sep 24, 2013 07:33 PDT

Enos 1:13 And now behold, this was the desire which I desired of
him—that if it should so be, that my people, the Nephites, should fall
into transgression, and by any means be destroyed, and the Lamanites
should not be destroyed, that the Lord God would preserve a record of my
people, the Nephites; even if it so be by the power of his holy arm,
that it might be brought forth at some future day unto the Lamanites,
that, perhaps, they might be brought unto salvation—

Sonnet 665 Reflections on Enos 1:13
by Tom Matkin

I hope to live a life of faith and truth
To fill my days and years with trust and love
I've wanted this from early in my youth
And tried to take direction from above.

But when I've ever slipped or lost the way
Been tempest tossed or lulled by calmer seas
Or swamped a bit by cares of day to day
I'd raise me up, by falling on my knees.

And turning to the scriptures as a friend
Would keep me focused on the better part
And seeing that this trial's not the end
I use prophetic writings as a chart.

And for the ones who follow after me
I'll try to leave a record they can see.