Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 666 Reflections on Enos 1:14  Tom
 Sep 25, 2013 09:30 PDT

Enos 1:14 For at the present our strugglings were vain in restoring them
to the true faith. And they swore in their wrath that, if it were
possible, they would destroy our records and us, and also all the
traditions of our fathers.

Sonnet 666 Reflections on Enos 1:14
by Tom Matkin

There may be souls you love who fight the right
Who will not even let you speak in love
And who in attitude are so uptight
They bristle at the least suggestion of.

And so you might consider what was here
The prayer of Enos for his folks estranged
He knew they wouldn't listen, much less hear
He knew their hatred would remain unchanged.

And so he asked this favour of the Lord
“Preserve this sacred record for my kin”
In hopes it might be happily restored
To save the children of those lost in sin.

Perhaps the Lord would grant the same to you
Assuming record keeping's what you do.