Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 668 Reflections on Enos 1: 16  Tom
 Sep 27, 2013 04:34 PDT

Enos 1:16 And I had faith, and I did cry unto God that he would preserve
the records; and he covenanted with me that he would bring them forth
unto the Lamanites in his own due time.

Sonnet 668 Reflections on Enos 1: 16
by Tom Matkin

There's evidence aplenty to this fact
That God will make a covenant with man
And that He keeps and honours every pact
Its been this way since earthly life began.

And what to do to make this sort of deal?
A question that you really ought to ask
Well, mostly, and this really is ideal
The ordinances are your primal task.

And too first principles come to the fore
It's faith in Jesus Christ that must be found
And then repentance rounding out the score
To qualify to be by covenant bound.

I worry not so much about God's part
It's my response that occupies my heart.