Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 669 Reflections on Enos 1:17  Tom
 Sep 28, 2013 20:26 PDT

Enos 1: 17 And I, Enos, knew it would be according to the covenant which
he had made; wherefore my soul did rest.

Sonnet 669 Reflections on Enos 1:17

We hear the counsel given to the saint
To love and trust in God with heart and soul
And not to lean unto his own complaint
And make of these two halves a saintly whole.

Yet many still are restless in some way
In doctrine or in history or life
And by these anxious leanings go astray
Exchanging trust and confidence for strife.

Still others have anxiety that's good
They walk in faith but worry much for those
Who tend to fail to do the things they should
And live in the unhealthiest repose.

While every anxious soul is wanting rest
The faithless ones will never be so blessed.