Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Re: Sonnet 671 Reflections on Enos 1:20  Elmer L. Fairbank
 Sep 30, 2013 06:03 PDT

How true! Not sure I could pass muster there. (wait, shouldn't that be mustard? that's the more usual thing to pass)

Till the ever incorrigible

----- Reply message -----
From: "Tom" <tom.m-@gmail.com>
To: "mormon-@topica.com" <mormon-@topica.com>
Subject: [mpl] Sonnet 671 Reflections on Enos 1:20
Date: Mon, Sep 30, 2013 07:43

Enos 1:20 And I bear record that the people of Nephi did seek diligently
to restore the Lamanites unto the true faith in God. But our labors were
vain; their hatred was fixed, and they were led by their evil nature
that they became wild, and ferocious, and a blood-thirsty people, full
of idolatry and filthiness; feeding upon beasts of prey; dwelling in
tents, and wandering about in the wilderness with a short skin girdle
about their loins and their heads shaven; and their skill was in the
bow, and in the cimeter, and the ax. And many of them did eat nothing
save it was raw meat; and they were continually seeking to destroy us.

Sonnet 671 Reflections on Enos 1:20

Those Lamanites were dwelling just in tents
And acted wild, ferociously and plus
They seemed a hoard of filthy malcontents
And they were seeking to destroy us.

And they had skill in axes and in bows
And they would rather fight you than discuss
And often did our people come to blows
Since they were seeking to destroy us.

And they were shaven bald and barely clothed
And ate their meat with hardly any fuss
Since cooking it was trouble that they loathed
And they were seeking to destroy us.

If someone sought to put an end to me
How diligent to save him would I be?