Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 673 Reflections on Enos 1:22  Tom
 Oct 02, 2013 08:58 PDT

Enos 1:22 And there were exceedingly many prophets among us. And the
people were a stiffnecked people, hard to understand.

Sonnet 673 Reflections on Enos 1:22
by Tom Matkin

Sometimes we get a cramp or crick or kink
That settles in our neck and causes pain
The sort that makes you almost sort of think
Your neck has been assaulted by a train.

That sort of stiffness mostly goes away
And when it does we soon forget the pain
As once again we find that happy way
That necks can twist and turn without a strain.

But metaphoric stiffness of the neck
Will lead to more of tragedy and pain
Than any sort of physical train wreck
And has more inclination to remain.

When stubborn haughtiness has set in strong
Well, what could ever possibly go wrong?