Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 674 Reflections on Enos 1:23  Tom
 Oct 03, 2013 08:42 PDT

Enos 1:23 And there was nothing save it was exceeding harshness,
preaching and prophesying of wars, and contentions, and destructions,
and continually reminding them of death, and the duration of eternity,
and the judgments and the power of God, and all these things—stirring
them up continually to keep them in the fear of the Lord. I say there
was nothing short of these things, and exceedingly great plainness of
speech, would keep them from going down speedily to destruction. And
after this manner do I write concerning them.

Sonnet 674 Reflections on Enos 1:23

When prophets teach we sometimes learn new things
But more so are we prompted to recall
The truths that sweet remembering more brings
Of how the Savior overcame the fall.

And what our duty is to qualify
For blessings in this life and in the next
And how to please our Lord and mollify
Our hearts against our sins and their effects.

There's something in the life that makes us weak
And prone to be forgetful to extreme
And so we have the prophets there to tweak
Our memories and keep us on the beam.

The tragedy is not that we forget
It's when against reminders we're dead set.