Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 675 Reflections on Enos 1:24  Tom
 Oct 04, 2013 06:23 PDT

Enos 1:24 And I saw wars between the Nephites and Lamanites in the
course of my days.

Sonnet 675 Reflections on Enos 1:24
by Tom Matkin

While it's opined that war is what you get
When talk and diplomatic means go wrong
And with sufficient military threat
You could effect a peace both long and strong.

But war began before the world did
And though the battle won on high was great
The devil still promotes his awful bid
To take your soul by force in this estate.

And what we take for peace we ought to know
Is really only war without the blood
We still and always have a mortal foe
And only war holds back the devil's flood.

This war will never ever be withdrawn
So choose your side and put your armour on.