Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 676 Reflections on Enos 1:25  Tom
 Oct 05, 2013 18:52 PDT

Enos 1:25And it came to pass that I began to be old, and an hundred and
seventy and nine years had passed away from the time that our father
Lehi left Jerusalem.

Sonnet 676 Reflections on Enos 1:25
by Tom Matkin

When does old age begin, at sixty or
Should it be pegged at more like three score ten?
They used to say that sixty five done for!
I think the old age pension kicks in then.

And someone told me when I told my age
That sixty isn't sixty anymore
Apparently there's been a change of gauge
And sixty's the new fifty on that score.

But I would rather guess it's smart to think
That getting old begins at twenty one
Cause after that you hardly have to blink
And years roll by tens, and soon you're done.

However long you last it's well to know
Your purpose is to be prepared to go.