Welcome Guest!
 mpl
RE: Sonnet 677 Reflections on Enos 1:26  Tom
 Oct 06, 2013 20:33 PDT

I had to make an adjustment to the rhythm in line 10 so the poem reads:

Enos 1:26 And I saw that I must soon go down to my grave, having been
wrought upon by the power of God that I must preach and prophesy unto
this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in
Christ. And I have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it
above that of the world.

Sonnet 677 Reflections on Enos 1:26

I think a simple question may be wise
A sort of litmus test or ink spot ploy
To help define the nature of our lives -
Just ask yourselves what makes you shout for joy.

Or put another way from songs of praise
What brings a “hallelujah” to your lips
Examine if you will the things that raise
Rejoicing as involuntary slips.

If fist pumps only come with money made
Or winning teams you like to call your own
Or conquests of some nature well displayed
The world might be your pleasure and your throne.

The first commandments deal with what we love
Far better to have found your joys above.

Tom wrote:

Enos 1:26 And I saw that I must soon go down to my grave, having been
wrought upon by the power of God that I must preach and prophesy unto
this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in
Christ. And I have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it
above that of the world.

Sonnet 677 Reflections on Enos 1:26
by Tom Matkin

I think a simple question may be wise
A sort of litmus test or ink spot ploy
To help define the nature of our lives -
Just ask yourselves what makes you shout for joy.

Or put another way from songs of praise
What brings a “hallelujah” to your lips
Examine if you will the things that raise
Rejoicing as involuntary slips.

If fist pumps only come with money made
Or winning teams you like to call your own
Or conquests of some nature well displayed
The world might be your joy and your throne.