Welcome Guest!
 mpl
Sonnet 678 Reflections on Enos 1:27  Tom
 Oct 07, 2013 07:18 PDT

Enos 1:27 And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my
Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day
when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him;
then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come
unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions
of my Father. Amen.

Sonnet 678 Reflections on Enos 1:27
by Tom Matkin

Of all the farewell words in holy writ
These ones of Enos stand among the best
This prophet who would never ever quit
Anticipating finally a rest.

And such an honest challenge to a saint
Who ought to have a similar insight
But who might rather ponder with restraint
His expectations tempered more by fright.

But Enos was rejoicing in the day
His body would its mortal moments end
No fear, no hesitation, no delay
And nothing to excuse or apprehend.

And anyone can be just as secure
Whose calling and election is made sure.