Welcome Guest!
 MUCC Action
Rods4Kids Seeks Support  mike c
 Sep 04, 2005 19:49 PDT

In September 2005, Heartland Outdoorsman officially launched the
Rods4Kids Program.
As we recognize that the youth of America are next in line to be
stewards of our natural resources, it only stands to reason that they
should be introduced to the Great Outdoors as early as possible in their
development.
Studies show the earlier you get a kid started in the sport the more
likely it is he or she will pursue it as a lifetime hobby. That's
important at a time when fishing license sales are flat or declining in
most states.

Working in phases, we will be focusing on specific regions and
demographics to cover as much ground as we can in this ambitious
endeavor.
Our first phase is focusing on Kids of America's Military Personnel.

In order for this program to be successful. we are counting on
Sportsman's Clubs, Corporate Sponsors and eventually individuals to help
in acquiring Rod/Reel/Tackle Packages for these kids.
Through a special arrangement with Zebco Fishing, these can be purchased
in voulume by your group at a significantly reduced price, and we will
work to get them in the hands of our specifically targeted usergroups
depending on the phase we are focused on at the time of your
sponsorship.

To get your group on board, simply send us an email stating that you'd
like to get involved.
In the meantime, we have a special website you may bookmark to view the
updates to this program.

Cordially,
Mike Clifford
Rods4Kids Coordinator