Welcome Guest!
 Mumia Columns
!*3/30-31, Pam Africa, Our Revolutionary Daughter of the Dust  nattyreb
 Mar 26, 2012 13:17 PST

--Apple-Mail-1600-151054903

Pam Africa, Our Revolutionary Daughter of the Dust, Her Life and Work
Public Event =B7 By Anthony Monteiro and Tanay Lynn Harris

March 30 at 3:00pm until March 31 at 6:15pm

Charles Blockson Collection at Temple University and The Historic Church =
of the Advocate on 18th and Diamond Streets, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

International Women=92s Month is a special time to celebrate the lives =
of women whose lives have bettered humanity and have advanced the causes =
of peace, social justice and the cause of working people. The early =
women=92s rights advocates were also fighters against slavery, for the =
betterment of the working classes, and for the freedom of political =
prisoners. By any measure Pam Africa=92s life stands as a contemporary =
figure in this brilliant lineage. One need only reflect upon Harriet =
Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Emma Goldman, Elizabeth Gurley Flynn, Assata =
Sakur and one=92s mind goes right to the name Pam Africa as a modern day =
figure of this magnitude. Perhaps because she lives among us and we see =
her most days, or receive calls or other notices from her that we fail =
to recognize her significance. However, Pam is a world significant =
freedom and social justice fighter. For these and other reasons we are =
proposing a one day colloquium to scientifically and humanistically =
investigate the life and work of Pam Africa as a way to understand and =
explain to humanity the geography of this life, how it emerged, the =
social, racial and class dynamics that gave rise to it and the moral, =
religious, spiritual and ideological influences that shaped it. The =
colloquium is at once a celebration of an extraordinary life and a study =
of leadership. It is, also, a contribution to the younger generation=92s =
knowledge of our common history and struggle, of how the extraordinary =
emerges from the life world of African American proletariat, and how =
political and moral courage springs from struggle.

A reception will take place on Friday, March 30, 2012 at the Blockson =
Collection in Sullivan Hall on Temple University's Campus from 3pm until =
6pm.=20

The colloquium will take place on March 31, 2012 at the Historic Church =
of the Advocate , at 18th and Diamond Streets in Philadelphia. It will =
go from 11:30AM to 6:15PM and consist of four panels.

Panels for Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pam Africa As Jeanette Knighton: Her Life Before MOVE and Before the =
International Concerned Family and Friends of Mumia Abu-Jamal
11:30-1pm

MOVE and The International Concerned Family and Friends of Mumia =
Abu-Jamal and the Creation of a Revolutionary Activist and Strategist
1:15-2:45pm

Pam Africa as a Fighter for International Human Rights
3:00-4:45pm

The Spiritual, Religious and Moral Foundations and Influences on the =
Life of Pam Africa
5:00-6:15pm

The Colloquium will feature a special keynote address by Mumia Abu Jamal =
and a final reflection by Pam Africa. Among the invited speakers will be =
Mumia Abu Jamal, Ramona Africa, Phile Chionesa, Dr. Angela Davis, Dr =
Cornel West, attorney Michael Coard, Suzanne Ross, Jamila K Wilson, =
Iresha Picot, Tanay Lynn Harris, Dr Johanna Fernandez, Dr Marc Lamont =
Hill, Buck, Michael Abdul and Betsy Piet.

Some might ask, =93Why study Pam?=94 or =93Aren=92t you being too =
intrusive, and aren=92t you objectifying a person we know and live with =
everyday?=94 The answer is we want to understand Pam in order to =
replicate her, to for the future reproduce leaders such as she. As such =
, as we look at Pam Africa we will also be looking to future struggles =
for peace and social justice and to our common future. Also we wish to =
say to the world that she is part of us and we recognize her and her =
extraordinary contributions to humanity.

For more info contact Bro. Anthony Monteiro at tm-@comcast.net

-------------------
DREAD TIMES - Dedicated to the free flow of information - =
http://www.dreadtimes.com=20

--Apple-Mail-1600-151054903

-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"font-size: 13px;">Pam Africa, Our Revolutionary Daughter of the =
Dust, Her Life and Work<br>Public Event =B7 By Anthony Monteiro and =
6:15pm<br><br>Charles Blockson Collection at Temple University and The =
Historic Church of the Advocate on 18th and Diamond Streets, =
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania<br><br>International Women=92s Month is a =
[...]
struggle.<br><br>A reception will take place on Friday, March 30, 2012 =
at the Blockson Collection in Sullivan Hall on Temple University's =
Campus from 3pm until 6pm. <br><br>The colloquium will take place =
on March 31, 2012 at the Historic Church of the Advocate , at 18th and =
Diamond Streets in Philadelphia. It will go from 11:30AM to 6:15PM and =
consist of four panels.<br><br>Panels for Saturday, March 31, =
2012<br><br>Pam Africa As Jeanette Knighton: Her Life Before MOVE and =
Before the International Concerned Family and Friends of Mumia =
Family and Friends of Mumia Abu-Jamal and the Creation of a =
Spiritual, Religious and Moral Foundations and Influences on the Life of =
special keynote address by Mumia Abu Jamal and a final reflection by Pam =
Africa. Among the invited speakers will be Mumia Abu Jamal, Ramona =
Africa, Phile Chionesa, Dr. Angela Davis, Dr Cornel West, attorney =
Michael Coard, Suzanne Ross, Jamila K Wilson, Iresha Picot, Tanay Lynn =
Harris, Dr Johanna Fernandez, Dr Marc Lamont Hill, Buck, Michael Abdul =
and Betsy Piet.<br><br>Some might ask, =93Why study Pam?=94 or =93Aren=92t=
you being too intrusive, and aren=92t you objectifying a person we know =
and live with everyday?=94 The answer is we want to understand Pam in =
order to replicate her, to for the future  reproduce leaders =
such as she. As such , as we look at Pam Africa we will also be looking =
to future struggles for peace and social justice and to our common =
future. Also we wish to say to the world that she is part of us and =
we recognize her and her extraordinary contributions to =
style=3D"font-size: 13px;"><br>For more info contact Bro. Anthony =
Monteiro at <a =
------<br>DREAD TIMES - Dedicated to the free flow of information - <a =
href=3D"http://www.dreadtimes.com">http://www.dreadtimes.com</a> <br>=

--Apple-Mail-1600-151054903--