Welcome Guest!
 Mumia Columns
!*SUPPORT JAMIL AL-AMIN (H. RAP BROWN) WHO HAS BEEN IN SUPERMAX AT FLORENCE!  nattyreb
 Feb 08, 2012 13:29 PST

--Apple-Mail-36-389535601

=20
THE PEACE THRU JUSTICE FOUNDATION
11006 Veirs Mill Rd, STE L-15, PMB 298
Silver Spring, MD. 20902
=20
RABI AL-AWAL 1433 A.H.
(February 7, 2012)
=20
=20
Assalaamu Alaikum (Greetings of Peace):
=20
The attention that we've needed to bring to the plight of our =
sister-in-Islam, Dr. Aafia Siddiqui, as well as support that's been =
needed for a number of other newly minted political prisoners in North =
Carolina, has taken much needed attention away from a special upcoming =
initiative for our brother-in-Islam (and in the human rights struggle), =
ImamJamil Abdullah Al-Amin (the former H. Rap Brown).
=20
A very touching and well attended memorial service was recently held for =
Imam Jamil's 'big brother,' Ed "Amir" Brown, in Atlanta, Georgia. Men =
and women from the "60s Movement" traveled from all parts of the U.S. to =
reminisce and pay tribute to a man whose activism was broad and deep! =
All those fortunate enough to be present received a walk through one of =
the most turbulent and profoundly significant chapters of American =
history, and it from those who were not only present, but involved! The =
remembrance was truly something to behold!
=20
Former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark was the first, I believe, to =
reference the plight of Imam Jamil in his remarks, and to correctly =
emphasize the unlimited support that "Ed felt for his younger brother." =
Professor Clark than proceeded to put a challenge to the large and very =
diverse audience in attendance, to DO SOMETHING about the ongoing plight =
of Imam Jamil Al-Amin. (A challenge that was later echoed by others.)=20
=20
Friday, March 16, 2012, will mark 12 years since the tragedy unfolded on =
the West End of Atlanta that would end up engulfing three families. As a =
result of that tragedy (and the then unknown conspiracies leading up to =
it) Imam Jamil, the defendant in a state case, is now a federal prisoner =
incarcerated in the only supermax prison in the United States of America =
(Florence, Colorado). After he was sentenced to LIFE, the Atlanta =
Journal-Constitution predicted in a widely read editorial that he would =
die in prison, "alone" and "forgotten."
=20
That AJC editorial presented an in-your-face challenge (to those who =
know and claim respect and support for this man) that still exists to =
this day. The question is, who among Imam Jamil's many verbal supporters =
is willing to take up this challenge in a meaningful way?! March 16 - =
19, 2012, will provide us with an opportunity to gage the response to =
this provocative question.
=20
On Friday, March 16th, following salatul jumu'ah (around 3:00 in the =
afternoon), a community support rally will be held at West End Park in =
Atlanta, Georgia.
=20
On Monday morning, March 19th, a protest demonstration - demanding Imam =
Jamil's removal from federal custody back into state custody - will be =
held at the Georgia State Building, located at 2 MLK Street, Atlanta =
(GA).
=20
Our hope is that on Monday, March 19th, Muslim and non-Muslim supporters =
will converge on downtown Atlanta from all over the country! We are =
asking Muslim leaders (and persons of influence), and non-Muslim civil =
rights leaders (and persons of influence), to help beat the drums of =
support for this mobilization within their respective circles. This will =
be an opportunity for us to make up for what should have been done years =
ago!
=20
The next "Conversation on The Life and Legacy of Imam Jamil Abdullah =
Al-Amin" is scheduled for Tuesday, February 14th - one week from today =
at the Auburn Avenue Research Library, located at 101 Auburn Avenue NE, =
Atlanta, GA 30303-2503. (The program will begin at 6 PM.) At the =
conclusion of the evening's forum, we will provide a briefing on the =
March Mobilizations, insha'Allah.
=20
Please mark your calendars and plan NOW to give your active support to =
these very important initiatives!
=20
In the struggle for peace thru justice,
=20
=20
El-Hajj Mauri' Saalakhan
=20
____________________
=20
Important related Information

=20
To send a tax deductible contribution to the ongoing legal expenses and =
defense campaign for Imam Jamil:=20
=20
The Justice Fund
971 N. Hairston Road, Suite A-9 #149
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
=20
To send Imam Jamil a support letter or card:
=20
JAMIL ABDULLAH AL-AMIN
#99974555
ADX P. O. Box 8500
Florence, Colorado
                            81226
=20
The official websites for Imam Jamil:
=20
www.freeimamjamil.com=20
www.freeimamjamil.org=20
=20
THE COMMUNITY MASJID
547 West End Place
Atlanta, Georgia 30310
The West End Park is directly across the street.

__._,_.___

-------------------
DREAD TIMES - Dedicated to the free flow of information - =
http://www.dreadtimes.com=20

--Apple-Mail-36-389535601

-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; "><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"font-size: 13px;"> <br>THE PEACE THRU JUSTICE =
FOUNDATION<br>11006 Veirs Mill Rd, STE L-15, PMB 298<br>Silver Spring, =
Peace):<br> <br>The attention that we've needed to bring to the =
plight of our sister-in-Islam, Dr. Aafia Siddiqui, as well as =
support that's been needed for a number of other newly minted political =
prisoners in North Carolina, has taken much needed attention away =
from a special upcoming initiative for our brother-in-Islam (and in the =
human rights struggle), ImamJamil Abdullah Al-Amin (the =
former H. Rap Brown).<br> <br>A very touching and well =
attended memorial service was recently held for Imam Jamil's 'big =
brother,' Ed "Amir" Brown, in Atlanta, Georgia. Men and women from the =
"60s Movement" traveled from all parts of the U.S. to reminisce and =
pay tribute to a man whose activism was broad and deep! All those =
fortunate enough to be present received a walk through one of the most =
turbulent and profoundly significant chapters of American history, and =
it from those who were not only present, =
but involved! The remembrance was truly something to =
behold!<br> <br>Former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark was =
the first, I believe, to reference the plight of Imam Jamil in his =
remarks, and to correctly emphasize the unlimited support that "Ed felt =
for his younger brother." Professor Clark than proceeded to put a =
challenge to the large and very diverse audience in attendance, to DO =
SOMETHING about the ongoing plight of Imam Jamil Al-Amin. (A challenge =
that was later echoed by others.) <br> <br>Friday, March 16, =
2012, will mark 12 years since the tragedy unfolded on the West End of =
Atlanta that would end up engulfing three families. As a result of that =
tragedy (and the then unknown conspiracies leading up to it) =
Imam Jamil, the defendant in a state case, is now a federal =
prisoner incarcerated in the only supermax prison in the =
United States of America (Florence, Colorado). After he was sentenced to =
LIFE, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution predicted in a widely =
read editorial that he would die in prison, "alone" and =
"forgotten."<br> <br>That AJC editorial presented =
an in-your-face challenge (to those who know and claim respect =
and support for this man) that still exists to this day. The question =
is, who among Imam Jamil's many verbal supporters is willing =
to take up this challenge in a meaningful way?! March 16 - 19, =
2012, will provide us with an opportunity to gage the response to this =
provocative question.<br> <br>On Friday, March 16th, following =
salatul jumu'ah (around 3:00 in the afternoon), a community support =
rally will be held at West End Park in Atlanta, Georgia.<br> <br>On =
Monday morning, March 19th, a protest demonstration - demanding Imam =
Jamil's removal from federal custody back into state custody - will be =
held at the Georgia State Building, located at 2 MLK Street, Atlanta =
(GA).<br> <br>Our hope is that on Monday, March 19th, Muslim and =
non-Muslim supporters will converge on downtown Atlanta from all over =
the country! We are asking Muslim leaders (and persons of influence), =
and non-Muslim civil rights leaders (and persons of influence), to =
help beat the drums of support for this mobilization within their =
respective circles. This will be an opportunity for us to make up =
for what should have been done years ago!<br> <br>The =
next "Conversation on The Life and Legacy of Imam Jamil Abdullah =
Al-Amin" is scheduled for Tuesday, February 14th - one week =
from today at the Auburn Avenue Research Library, located =
at 101 Auburn Avenue NE,  Atlanta, GA 30303-2503. (The =
program will begin at 6 PM.) At the conclusion of the evening's forum, =
we will provide a briefing on the March Mobilizations, =
insha'Allah.<br> <br>Please mark your calendars and plan NOW to =
give your active support to these very important =
initiatives!<br> <br>In the struggle for peace thru =
deductible contribution to the ongoing legal expenses and =
defense campaign for Imam Jamil: <br> <br>The Justice =
Fund<br>971 N. Hairston Road, Suite A-9 #149<br>Stone Mountain, GA =
30083<br> <br>To send Imam Jamil a support letter or =
8500<br>Florence, Colorado<br>            =
                =
href=3D"http://www.freeimamjamil.com">www.freeimamjamil.com</a> <br>w=
End Place<br>Atlanta, Georgia 30310<br>The West End Park is directly =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"font-size: =
13px;">-------------------<br>DREAD TIMES - Dedicated to the free flow =
of information - <a =
href=3D"http://www.dreadtimes.com">http://www.dreadtimes.com</a> <br>=

--Apple-Mail-36-389535601--